Menu
grassland tour
Jan 30, 2005 22:39
  • MARGREET
During my trip to China this summer, with my 11-year old daughter, a visit to the grasslands (and staying in a yurt/ger) is an option I am considering. I think it would be e nice to experience the vastness of the area, and for my girl, staying in a ger would be fun.
But since I get such mixed reviews about grassland tours, I seek advice about whether is really worthwile, and what the best way would be to organise it, and what is the best place to go.
Jan 31, 2005 12:21
  • ANTHEA
I think it's worthwhile. From may to September is the best season to visit the grassland. For the ger, there are now many luxurious ones with all facilities as in those star-rated hotels.

I would like to recommend Gegentala grassland for your reference, which is about 3-4 hours drive from Hohhot. It is more natural and less commercialized than other places.
Jan 31, 2005 16:44
  • DEE0228
HI, Margreet!

It's really worthwhile to go to the grassland. I went to the Xilinguole Grassland several years ago which is in the middle-east part of Inner Mongolia. I still can remeber the joy of seeing the vast prairie, riding a horse, gathering flowers, living in the yurt , tasting the peculiar ethnic food... I went there at the end of July, knew that June to September are all the best time to visit.

There are any famous grassland in Inner Mongolia, some areas are very famous, such as the grassland in Chifeng area, Xilinguole Grassland and Xilamuren Grassland. Many travel agency in Hohhot can arrange the tour they can provide you both good itinerary and accomodation with a reasonable price, but I'm afraid you could only consult the local agency once you arrive in Hohhot. Seems there is no online service.
Feb 4, 2005 16:42
  • PEPPERMINT
Do not think too much. The grassland is of course fabulous. The negative comments are mainly about tourist guides. And for an 11-old, it is attractive anyway since they have a purer heart!
I bet it is worthwhile!
Post a Reply to: grassland tour
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code