Menu
Business Visas for UK Citizens - Latest situation?
May 20, 2008 19:43
  • GTH06
Does anyone have any recent experience of obtaining a Chinese business visa actually here in China? Are multiple entry visas still available and what is the maximum duration of stay. I have always been able to obtain a 6 month, multiple entry F visa but my latest issue [obtained in London] gave me 2 months, 30 day single entry. Is this the situation? Any ideas?

Thanks
May 22, 2008 23:38
  • JONNO
Do not ever consider doing this in China - it is a nightmare!

Everything re visas here is crazy due to the Olympics. Chinese authorities usually look at F and L visas as the same thing anyway. You can renew via an Agency in Hong Kong - but the rules change at the beginning of each month, so settle for what you have this time...

It will change again after the Olympics, and back to normal in Jan 2009

best wishes
Jonno
May 22, 2008 23:48
  • JABAROOTOO
why not ask you Company in China to sort it out. After all, if you are coming at their invitation, and not the first time either they should be supplying you with the necessary documentation to obtain an F visa regardless of the ad hoc conditionss that people are encountering in recent weeks/months leading up to the Olympics
May 23, 2008 00:45
  • GTH06
Jonno,

You rascal - you still in Foshan? It's Gary - still in Xiamen after recently returning from the UK. . Thanks for the information - everyone has a different story - you are right it's a moving feast, and a compex one at that, even with the right bits of paper!
Jun 30, 2008 04:08
  • BARONTWANGLE
Jonno - I hope that girl in the photo is your wife's daughter?!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Reply to: Business Visas for UK Citizens - Latest situation?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code