Menu
Ten touching scenes in the quake-stricken areas!
May 21, 2008 02:15
  • JIMMYB
Note: I just saw these photos in another forum. While seeing them, I was deeply touched by them. Thus, I’d like to share those photos with you.

No.1 Special forces who were weeping

The Special Forces only had shovels and drill rods in hands but these instruments couldn’t move the floor slabs and beams. Seeing the children stranded in the debris, they couldn’t do anything but comforted them.

They were crying while comforting those little children.

May 21, 2008 02:16
  • JIMMYB
No.2 “Let me go. I can rescue one more.”

A teaching building in a school in Mianzhu was seriously damaged and more than 100 pupils were buried in the debris. The soldiers had rescued a couple of students and had found about 30 bodies. Suddenly, the aftershock happened. All soldiers were ordered to get away from the building because the building might collapse again. At that crucial moment, several soldiers found several pupils and decided to get in to rescue them. But they were stopped by others because it was too dangerous. Finally, those who found the children were dragged away from the debris. One of them kneeled down and cried: “Let me go, please. I can rescue one more.”…..

The soldier in the middle of the pic supported by three other men was the one who kneeled down and cried.

May 21, 2008 02:16
  • JIMMYB
No.3

On May 16th, Jiang Xiaojuan, a female police in Jiangyou fed an orphan in a shelter. However, her 6-months old kid was left at home and taken care of by her parents.

May 21, 2008 02:17
  • JIMMYB
No.4

Before the earthquake happened, she talked with her 2 years old daughter through the telephone. When the quake happened, she lost her daughter and other nine families. With tears in her eyes, she started to help others rescue the victims. During that night, she took one kid to the tent. After the kid fell asleep, she fainted in front of the tent.

May 21, 2008 02:17
  • JIMMYB
No.5

At 12:20 on May 14th, fifteen airborne soldiers parachuted from 4999 meters above the sea level to get the situation in Mao County. Before jumping, they all had written their farewell letters because they didn’t know if they would be back.

May 21, 2008 02:18
  • JIMMYB
No.6

In order to make the injured lying on the bed stably, the soldiers nearly crawled on the ground. What’s more, it rained that day.

May 21, 2008 02:18
  • JIMMYB
No.7

Without medicine and operating table, they did operation on the ground. When the aftershock attacked, they had to hold surgical knife stably and did operation for the victims. Really worth our respect.

A military surgeon bound the wound with gauze.

May 21, 2008 02:19
  • JIMMYB
No.8

A police got injured during the rescuing. Look at his face, he felt very painful.

May 21, 2008 02:19
  • JIMMYB
No.9

A soldier held a kid in his arms. The kid’s parents both died in the earthquake.

May 21, 2008 02:20
  • JIMMYB
No.10

“My dear baby,
If you can survive, please remember that your dad and I love you…..”

Recently, this text message has been known to everyone. The baby in the soldier’s arms was the one in the text message.

Pay my respect and salute to those lovely soldiers, polices and volunteers.

May 21, 2008 08:10
  • GARYKINKADE
All rescuers involved should receive a medal for "compassion" if such a medal exists.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Ten touching scenes in the quake-stricken areas!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code