Menu
just my experiance
May 27, 2008 07:53
  • PETERSEAFORD
need my little book to "speak" Chinese and as a foreigner could well be ripped off wll i have a suprise for both of us.
i took a taxi on some twenty occasions and though i needed to rely on a hotel card to direct my driver i was charged the correct cost on every occasion.
i left my wallet and camera bag in a farm house and my tour guide received a phone call to inform me of my stupidity.
when my gear was collected not one cent was taken.
now let me say - i am a very proud Australian but the experiances i had in China would not happen here .
i was completley taken off guard - the people of China that i had the pleasure of meeting were so honest.
we are so interested in the bad things that happen - how about a salute where it is required.
i was taught "it is easier to catch a monkey with honey than salt"

just my experiance

regards peter
May 27, 2008 09:16
  • JABAROOTOO
Yes Peter,
I agree with you. We hear too many bad stories and not enough of the good ones.

I recently left the case of my reading glasses in a tea house/guest house in a small village where we had eaten our lunch (they don't serve meals just tea but they let us eat our meal there anyway) and spent some of the afternoon enjoying their hospitality. (The glasses and said case had only recently arrived from Australia where I left them in the car on the trip to the airport more than 7 months before)

You can imagine how annoyed I was with myself for not taking better care of them but we had the phone number so gave them a call and asked if they would post them to us. Yes, no problems. We wondered how would be be able to give them the money for the postage.
Oh we do this all the time they told us. When the glasses arrive just sent the money to the post office and they gave my friend the details. Before we even got home from our short holiday, the case was in the mail. One day after we got home the case arrived at my friends address and she sent them Y25 to cover the postage.

These generous people trusted us to send them the money. Needless to say I will be sending them some more things as promised to help them with advertising their Guest house since there are few people if any who speak English in their village. A very interesting old village too. Well worth the visit.

So lets hear some more GOOD NEWS stories
Post a Reply to: just my experiance
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code