Menu
Lakers 3:1 against Spurs at the West Conference finals!
May 28, 2008 04:54
  • KATRINA
Last night, Lakers beat Spurs 93-91 to take a lead 3-1 in the West Conference finals. If they can win the last game, they will advance to the NBA finals. During this game, Kobe Bryant got 28 points and and 10 rebounds. Do you think that Lakers will win in the NBA finals?

Kobe Bryant. (Xinhua/Reuters)

May 28, 2008 08:08
  • JSUMMERS83
Down with the Spurs! I really could care less about Kobe, although he's a great player, but I'm so happy that the Spurs are losing!
May 28, 2008 20:41
  • JIMMYB
Hehe, Jsummer. Why are you happy that Spurs are losing? They are a great team. However, they were unlucky to meet Lakers in the Western Conference finals. Lakers and Kobe has performed very well in recent games. It is possible that they will win. BTW, Kobe just got his MVP this season. Really a great player.
May 28, 2008 23:23
  • GARYKINKADE
BOOOoooo !!
May 29, 2008 05:34
  • JSUMMERS83
I'm not a big Spurs fan because I have roots in Dallas (whose Mavericks are a big rival of the Spurs). I know that both teams are in the same state of Texas, but I still have my prejudice.

Also, I would love to see a Lakers-Celtics Finals. That would be well worth watching!

As a side note - CCTV 5, at least where I'm at, isn't airing the games like the guide says its supposed to (usually in the mornings around 9-10am). Is this a China-wide thing or just something wrong with my cable set-up?
May 29, 2008 05:35
  • JSUMMERS83
GARYKINKADE...clarify that "boo" for me - I don't understand what you're booing.
May 29, 2008 08:21
  • GARYKINKADE
i.e.......I'm somewhat of a Spurs fan and would like to see them reach the finals.
Living neither in Dallas (but fairly close) nor San Antonia , I have no particular preference for either team.
Besides, football ( U.S.A. style ) seems to be the "gig" in this area.
Hope you are having a good time in China, sometimes wish I was there just to be different and for the "heck of it".
May 29, 2008 20:58
  • JIMMYB
Jsummer, thanks for answering. Wish your dream could come true, watching Lakers-Celtics in finals. As for CCTV-5, it has stopped broadcasting NBA games. But don't be annoyed! It is said that CCTV-5 will continue to broadcast NBA games in June.

Gary, Lakers has a 3 to 1 lead over Spurs. It seems that Spurs have little chance to reach the finals. It is a pity if they couldn't reach the finals.
Post a Reply to: Lakers 3:1 against Spurs at the West Conference finals!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code