Menu
Need a little advice
May 28, 2008 14:08
  • CARLOS
Every time I have visited my wife in Nanning, she has been there with a huge fascicle she has given to me.
I think it is about some cultural thing, have not asked about it from her.
Here it is not usual to give flowers to man.

Anyway, now she is coming here. Flight is on Sunday. Should I give her flowers when she arrives even though it will take several hours before we will be at home? You think she will expect it? Can´t ask her any more, we have no connection any more before she arrives.

Someone can help?
Thanks in advance.

Carlos
May 28, 2008 14:18
  • JCNILE123
I ask my wife and she said yes, have some beautiful flowers.

It is the beginning!
May 28, 2008 14:44
  • CARLOS
Thanks, JC, that I will do then.

Carlos
May 28, 2008 21:01
  • DODGER
JC is right. Flowers for the Lady.
Dodger
May 29, 2008 17:21
  • YINDUFFY
Flowers are a good idea. You may want to leave the flowers home and give them to her when she gets home. Lugging a bunch of flowers around an airport while trying to carry luggage and then fit it all in a car for the trip home may prove a hindrance. Better to have a display on the kitchen table with flowers, mylar helium balloons and maybe some wine or champagne so she can enjoy them in the right atmosphere- relaxing after a long flight and the hassle of the airport and traffic!
You may bring a corsage ( a pin on flower decoration) or single rose to the airport. Dress nice. Wear a suit and tie. Show her that you respect her. Don't wear a torn t-shirt and faded jeans.
She will be looking for you when she gets off the plane - make her proud of you.

May 29, 2008 20:10
  • LEONARDO
Carlos, flowers are absolutely necessary. Maybe, you can choose some special flowers uniquely grown in Finland. What is the national flower of Finland? It might be a choice.
May 30, 2008 08:39
  • CARLOS
Yinduffy, nice thinking. Last days here have been such a hassle and I have had no time for thinking, so thank You.

Leonardo, Finnish national flower is lily of the valley, Convallaria majalis. It is a nature flower, not usually sold in floral shops.

Carlos
May 30, 2008 08:41
  • CARLOS
Lily of the valley, it is beautiful and it´s aroma is breathtaking

Post a Reply to: Need a little advice
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code