Menu
Travel Guangzhou to Macau
May 28, 2008 23:16
Hi all hoping for advice from people living in China. I am unable to get a tourist visa to China (from Australia) unless I can show proof of how I plan to travel in and out of China. I have no trouble going in as I arrive in Hong Kong and then take the ferry to mainland and I have pre-booked tickets for that.

However, our outward trip is from Guangzhou to Macau. We are staying in Guangzhou overnight only after a week in Shanghai. We had planned to get bus tickets from Guangzhou to Macau once we arrived in China. This is now apparently not acceptable. We have to have these tickets before the Consulate will issue a visa.

My query is, has anybody travelled from Guangzhou to Macau and can you tell me if it is possible to pre-book tickets on line (like I have done for the high speed ferry from Hong Kong into China)? If yes, can you point me to a web site where I can do this.

If I cannot book bus tickets on line, what other options do I have for travel from Guangzhou to Macau? I know I can fly and pre-book tickets. Is that going to be my only option?

Thanks all for advice on this. Bye the bye, I have ferry tickets from Macau to Hong Kong for our flight back home from there but they are not acceptable proof for the Consulate.

Anne
May 29, 2008 04:44
  • JABAROOTOO
Tell them you are walking over from Zhuhai. that is basically what you will do anyway.

Boy they are getting tough.

Refer your other thread
May 29, 2008 07:06
Thanks, but walking over won't get me a visa. I've tried that already. Basically, it's have a ticket for transit in and out of mainland China or you don't get a visa.
Post a Reply to: Travel Guangzhou to Macau
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code