Menu
Travelling from Kun Ming to Lhasa
Feb 1, 2005 00:24
  • GARGAMEL
Hi
I am intending to travel from Kun Ming to Lhasa (Tibet) via Dali, Lijiang, ZhongDian, Deqin within 12 days. Do you think it'll work?

Are there flights from Lhasa to Hong Kong or Singapore?

Is it true that the Chinese embassy will make it difficult to issue the visa if you mention visiting Tibet?

Rgds
Gargy
Feb 1, 2005 10:10
  • FRIDAY
NO flights flights from Lhasa to Hong Kong or Singapore, but you may go from HK to Guangzhou and then transfer from Guangzhou to Lhasa.
There is a flight from Guangzhou to Lhasa on every Friday. Airfare is about RMB2500.

Another itinerary to go to Lhasa, is to fly from HK to Chengdu, then transfer from Chengdu to Lhasa. The airticket can be guaranteed if you transfer at Chengdu, coz it is the most convinient access to Tibet which has many daily flights to Lhasa.
Feb 1, 2005 10:28
  • HEYJUDE
Hi,Gargy!

Yes, your plan is feasible.
When are you going to come to China?
The flight CZ3417 Diqing/ Lhasa is availible on every Friday before Mar 31, but the flight schedule will change after that.
Feb 1, 2005 11:22
  • KINGDEE
Tibet is not like other Chinese cities.The Entry Permission to Tibet is needed before you arrive in Lhasa, but you can not handle it by yourself. Only way is to find a travel agency and let them do the travel plan and issue the permit for you.It is said that foreigners are not allowed to travel to Tibet without a tourguide's company.

Feb 1, 2005 12:51
  • GARGAMEL
Hi guys!

Thank you for your advices!

How about the land travels using 4 WD vehicles? Can I get an agency to bring us back all the way to Lhasa from Kun Ming?

As I will be travelling on a tight budget, will it be cheaper if I register there rather than via the internet?

Rgds
Gargy

Post a Reply to: Travelling from Kun Ming to Lhasa
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code