Menu
New Z Visa requirements
Jun 3, 2008 00:40
  • SOMEGUY
I'm going to be teaching in China soon (yay) and apparently visa requirements have changed since I was there last.

I'm coming in from Australia and last time I got the visa the process was something like the school sent a letter saying they were going to employ me then I applied at the local consulate.

Last time I didn't have a residence permit while I was there (illegal I know but not my choice) so I don't know the process for that but it sounds like the school should organise it once I'm over there.

Is there anything else I should be aware of? I can't get a Z visa while I'm over there, I still need to travel over on a Z don't I?

Also off topic, I'm probably going to sign up with DD Dragon school in Wenzhou or possible Xiamen.
Does anybody have any experiences with DD Dragon to tell me of, good or bad?
And how do the two citys compare? I've read everything I can find about them but nothing really says "this is what this cities like to live in" if you know what I mean.

Thanks for any help.
Jun 3, 2008 06:58
  • JABAROOTOO
Nothing has really changed about the working Z visa except that your
Permanent Residence Permit is in your passport, not a a separate book

You should still be issued with an experts certificate - a dark red book.

And yes you should arrive with you Z visa in your passport.

Can't help you with the rest except to say that Xiamen is a nice city to live. I've visited a few times and it has a big expat community and lots of night life and eateries and there is a lot of things to see and do in the Province
Jun 9, 2008 11:26
  • APAULT
You should get your visa in Aus (but in another thread you said you are world travelling...so see my reply there... but for the benefit of others I will continue..). Normally you cannot get a Z visa on the mainland, but there are a couple of reports that it has been done... but RARE. Many of us have been in China on other visas and on arranging a job go to Hong Kong for the Z visa (which absurdly is cancelled within a month to get your residence permit) but in the current Olympix situation, you are likely to find that won't work.

Post a Reply to: New Z Visa requirements
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code