Menu
Transportation from Pudong Airport (PVG) to Hotel
Jun 3, 2008 22:24
  • RJETPILOT
I'll be in arriving into PVG Pudong June 14th from Atlanta. First time in China and would love help finding transportation from the airport to:

New Space - Time International Hotel Shanghai
Room 1408,NO.99 Huichuan Road, Changning District
Shanghai, 200051
China

That will be my base and want to visit the local attractions: Nanjing Rd. The Bund, The Peoples Square, Museums, Yuyuan Garden. etc.
Jun 4, 2008 01:35
  • JSUMMERS83
Take the Maglev! You'll see signs for it in the airport. You can walk straight there after getting your bags from baggage claim. If you show your airline ticket stub you should get a one-way discount. It's definitely worth the experience - over 400km/hr. It's a short trip, and after you exit you'll follow the signs (in Chinese and English) to the Long Yang subway station (that's the Line 2 subway).

From what I gather in the address you gave, you can take the line 2 (westbound) pretty much within a mile of your hotel. The websites say the "7th exit" which I think is Jing An Temple. Maybe somebody else can give you better directions from here - online maps for your hotel are pretty lame.

Enjoy your time! Shanghai is great fun.
Jun 4, 2008 04:41
  • NOORI
Yeah, the Maglev is nice! If you have a lot of luggage I would recommend taking a taxi after, the metro can be quite crowded and sometimes you have to walk for a while, not so nice with heavy suitcases. If you take a taxi, it will help a lot when you have the address of the hotel in Chinese characters to show to the taxi driver, unless your chinese pronounciation is very good of course!

Good luck and have fun in Shanghai.
Jun 4, 2008 11:21
  • RJETPILOT
Thanks for the replies. Maglev sounds like a great option/experience... anyone gonna be in Shanghai near Nanjing Rd between June 14-17? could use a little help getting around :) im korean. do people in shanghai speak a little korean?
Jun 4, 2008 11:57
  • RJETPILOT
is the Line 2 subway running to Pudong Airport yet?
Jun 5, 2008 03:43
  • ELLYSE
Suggest instead that you take airport shuttle no.6 to its final terminus at Zhongshan Park, fare would be 20 RMB/pax. From there, your hotel should be walking distance.
No, metro line 2 doesn't reach Pudong airport directly.
May 18, 2010 17:46
GUESTDAVID O... You seem to know your way around!

Can you give me suggestions on getting from PVG to:

YES IN SHANGHAI
711 Ding Xi Road, Changning District
Shanghai, China

E mail me at gmail.com|oshman.david

Thanks!
Post a Reply to: Transportation from Pudong Airport (PVG) to Hotel
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code