Menu
Advice on buying an Inn
Jun 4, 2008 03:17
  • DAVEC
I have a dream to own and run an Inn or a small guesthouse. Now having travelled China several times and experiencing what it has to offer I quite like the idea of having one there.

Has anyone else done this? can anyone offer me advise on how to go about persuing this dream?
I have no idea about how much money I would need, how to recruit staff, taxes etc.
Any advise would be much appreciated.
Jun 4, 2008 20:01
  • DODGER
Dave, there is a bloke who has just opened a Bar in Beijing. He is either an Ozy or a Pom, I'm not sure. But he would I imagine know the ins and outs of seting up a similar business.
Sorry i cann't remember the name of the place. Perhaps someone else here would know it though.
Anyway, sounds like a great dream.
Good luck, Dodger.
Jun 9, 2008 08:13
  • DAVEC
Thanks, I am sure someone out there will have a few ideas.
Jun 10, 2008 05:57
  • JABAROOTOO
Check out the website Yangshuo Outside Inn

www.yangshuo-outside.com/.

The guy is Belgian or Dutch and he has leased a small village outside Yangshuo and opened a Hostel/Inn. He would be a good source of information.
Jun 10, 2008 16:38
  • DAVEC
Good idea, I stayed there a month ago. Should have spoken to him then.
Jun 14, 2008 11:28
  • APAULT
Foreigners often have to pay a substantial deposit or show they have it in the bank. This is usually avoided if you open the business in a local's name. It seems that paying 'special fees' can speed the process and even make it possible !
Jun 22, 2008 15:31
  • DAVEC
Would anyone have even a rough idea on how much it would cost me to buy a small inn/guesthouse? I am thinking nothing big, maybe 3/4 guest rooms. Not in a big city either, I would probably go for smaller town.
Also what is the going rate for wages, how much would I need to pay for staff per month?
Post a Reply to: Advice on buying an Inn
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code