Menu
"Booking" hotels for visa
Jun 4, 2008 18:31
  • SOMEGUY
I'm going to be doing the L visa to residence permit thing soon and have read that I need hotel bookings for the entire stay to get the visa.
Obviously I'm not planning on having my entire stay pre-booked (or any of it) so just wondering what the easiest way of getting round this is?
Jun 9, 2008 11:20
  • APAULT
I don't understand what you mean, '...L visa to residence permit..' You cannot get a residence permit from an L visa....and anyway the rest of your question seems to imply a tourist visit (for wqhich residency is not applicable).

It is reported that some agents are providing fake bookings (try Chinese owned agents). Come to that, you could probably fake some yourself! Or you coul try to get a Chinese to invite you to stay with them as that should meet requirements. Else book Youth hostels for as little as 25 rmb a night and then cancel and get a refund (hopefully). Thirdly, wait until these bloody Olympic Games are over and we can all get back to normal!.
Jun 11, 2008 03:11
  • RASHID
I am coming to china with an "L" visa and the same thing goes on my mind but i understand that the "L" visa cant be change to residance permit so what if i want an "F" visa or "Z" is it possible to get it from inside china?
Jun 11, 2008 10:04
  • JABAROOTOO
Rashid the answer is NO and NO

As far as bookings go if you book a cheap room you only have to pay the 10% deposit which is not much to lose if you don't show. You won't get a refund
Post a Reply to: "Booking" hotels for visa
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code