Menu
Olympic sporters
Jun 10, 2008 08:08
  • HOEFFE
Hello all,

I like to here of your favourite sporters at the Olympic Games.

Lisette
Jun 10, 2008 08:09
  • HOEFFE
I mean favourite Chinese sporters..

Lisette
Jun 11, 2008 20:21
  • KATRINA
Hey Hoeffe, my favourite is Liu Xiang, flying man of 110-meter hurdles. Wish he could win at home.
Jun 15, 2008 12:13
  • HOEFFE
Hi Katrina,
thanks for your reply..
What about horseriding..
Is this a populair sport in China, and who are the favourites?
Jun 15, 2008 20:20
  • KATRINA
Sigh! It seems that Lliu Xiang hasn't been very well recently. In New York, he withdrew from the match becacause of his injury. Now another man from Cuba has rewritten the record, 0.01 second faster than him. He really needs to take care during Beijing Olympic Games.

"What about horseriding..
Is this a populair sport in China, and who are the favourites?"

Hoeffe, horseriding is not popular in China. To my understanding, horseriding is a sport for aristocrats. Since China is a developing country, its people are not rich to play this game. In Hong Kong, the situation is better. That is why the horseriding matches are going to be held in Hong Kong.
Jun 24, 2008 16:31
  • HOEFFE
Hi Katrina, thanks for your explonation about the horseriding.
In Holland we have a very populair women who rides horse and she wins even medailles at the Olympic Games. Her name is Anke van Grunsven.
She is also coming to Hongkong this year for the Olympic Games.
Are there Chinese women too, who rides hores, or is it more a sport for men?
Jun 24, 2008 19:16
  • YINDUFFY
We are eagerly awaiting the opening ceremonies of the Olympic games. The time difference will be about 12 hours though. We are lucky in that our Cable carrier includes French Canadian channels so we can watch the U.S. broadcasts and the Canadian broadcasts.
I am always upset at the TV announcers who insist on talking during the beautiful ceremonies. Their chatter drives me up a wall! I want to see the dancers and hear the music! At least when watching French Language TV I can't understand what they are saying so it is less of a distraction.
U.S. TV will probably only show "highlights" of the Olympic events - which means coverage of U.S. athletes at the expense of other countries. U.S. TV does not cover either winter or Summer Olympics well - though they pay millions of dollars for the exclusive broadcasting rights.
Does anybody else feel that way?

Jun 24, 2008 20:55
  • KATRINA
Hoeffe, China has been qualified for the horse riding matches. According to Xinhua News, Liu Lina, Hua Tian, Li Zhenqiang, Huang Zuping, Zhang Bing and Zhao Zhiwen will take part in the game on behalf of China. Really great!

Yinduffy, it is pity that you couldn't receive the signal of CCTV. I am sure that CCTV will broadcast both the opening and closing ceremonies live. I guess that both Chinese and English subtitles will appear in the broadcasting. Perhaps, you can watch them through the internet. You may try the official website of CCTV or Sohu portal. It is reported that Sohu has cooperated with CCTV to broadcast 2008 Olympic Games.
Jul 3, 2008 09:29
  • HOEFFE
Katrina,

thanks for all the Chinese names.
I have tickets for 9 august in Hongkong so it will be fun already know some names and search for them on the internet, so that we know who we see in the venue!

L.
Jul 9, 2008 22:13
  • OVERMAN
YAO MING,,
Post a Reply to: Olympic sporters
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code