Menu
Try some "bitter food" in summer!
Jun 15, 2008 05:10
  • DESTRUCKDOZ
Depends how you like it. Steaming it whole with a meat filling usually makes it less bitter. Stir fry is probably the most common but its usually the most bitter method of preparing it, IMO.
Jun 15, 2008 20:32
GUEST3488 "Eating bitter gourd is serious punishment."

Danny, it is not a serious punishment. The key is that you must know how to cook it properly. When making cold dish, you have to quick-boil the bitter gourd in boiling water to decrease its bitterness. Then add some seasonings in. For steaming the bitter gourd with a meat filling, I haven't tried before. Maybe, I should have a go.

Gary, you can't eat a raw bitter gourd unless you want to tortue yourself.
Jun 15, 2008 22:24
  • COOLSPRINGS
one of cooking methods , bitter gourd for dog dish and human dish. it's really instant medical virtue and keeps fine skin. gary and other western people, enjoy it as drugs, i google this:

Sesame Jade:-Xiangcui cool summer side dishes Liangban bitter gourd
Production steps:

1、将苦瓜洗净,去瓤去籽,切片,在沸水中焯至断生,捞出,用冷水冲凉,再放入冰水中浸泡15分钟左右(这样可以保持苦瓜的脆爽,而且苦瓜呈半透明状,MS翡翠!)。 1, will wash bitter gourd, to Rangqu Zi, sliced, in boiling water to Billy in broken health, remove, Chongliang with cold water, then into ice water immersion in about 15 minutes (this will keep the crisp cool bitter gourd and bitter gourd With a translucent, MS Jade!).

2、将泡好的苦瓜捞出沥干水分,加入盐,味精,少许白糖,香油,芝麻油和枸杞拌匀就OK了! 2, soaked bitter gourd remove brown water, salt, monosodium glutamate, a little sugar, sesame oil, sesame oil and Chinese wolfberry拌匀on OK!

Jun 16, 2008 20:29
  • SHESGOTTOBE
No, thanks. I already get a daily dose of ‘bitter people’ online.

LOL!
Jun 16, 2008 22:05
  • CHERRY07
Hehe, are you a "sweet" gal, SHESGOTTOBE?

Coolsprings, it looks great. I am wondering if it is bitter. Hmmm, I'll have a go.
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Try some "bitter food" in summer!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code