Menu
Make your contribution here!
Jun 13, 2008 03:51
guestjudy Let's build our vocabulary database here together. Everyday, I learn some new Chinese phrases or words and I would like to share them with you. Hey! If everyone here can make contribution here, a huge Chinese vocabulary database will be built up. I think that it is helpful for other Chinese learners. Would you take part in this activity?

Here is the word that I have learned today: 高考 (Gao 1 Kao 3). It means college entrance examinations. My teacher told me that 高考 was very important to Chinese students. How important is it?
Jun 15, 2008 18:56
This isn't a bad idea but I try to learn so many words a day, I wouldn't know what words to suggest!

ni kan!

It means, Look!!
Jun 15, 2008 22:06
GUESTJUDY Thanks, Allworknoplay. Interesting name! Do you work all day and have no time to relax?

My words today: 火炬 (Torch) and 奥运会 (Olympic Games). Sentence: 北京奥运会马上就开始了 (Beijing Olympic Games is coming).
Jun 16, 2008 16:12
Yeah, I am always working!!! Never any time to relax but that's the way life is now...I'd rather work hard now while I'm young because once I get older I probably won't have the energy...

I think we should use Pinyin because I can't read Chinese characters....?
Jun 23, 2008 20:22
GUESTJUDY Haven't been here for several days.

ALLWORKINGNOPLAY. You are really a workaholic. People work for living but don't live for working. Just have a rest.

Today's words: Chao You Yu (炒鱿鱼). Don't misunderstand it. It is not a dish. In English, it means being fired or sacked.
Jun 23, 2008 20:47
Thanks Judy. I try to relax....you know the French saying?

Americans live to eat, but the French eat to live.....

Kind of an obnoxious statement but it is somewhat true...

Thanks for the new words, I can now add it to my list. So when someone gets fired by their boss, does he say, "Chao You Yu!!!!"

My word for the day is: Really? (zhende)

Jun 23, 2008 20:53
Oh just for kicks, I want to add another word of the day from a movie I saw...

It is: waixing wanchu gou!

Which means: alien space dog!!!
Jun 23, 2008 20:59
GUESTJUDY Hi ALLWORKINGNOPLAY (it is too long. Do you have a short one?) When someone gets fired by their boss, he often says" Wo 3 Bei 4 Chao 3 You 2 Yu 2 Le".
Jun 24, 2008 15:03
Perhaps you can call me, ALLWORK for short?
Post a Reply to: Make your contribution here!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code