Menu
Tombs Questions
Jun 13, 2008 23:40
guest11190 I have some questions on Xi'an ang Beijing's Ming Tombs and hope those familiar can help:

a) Xi'an - There are a few but which is the best to visit ? Are they much differences ?

b) Beijing's Ming Tombs - Day Tour allows entry to just 1, 2 or 3 tombs with the Great Wall Trip ?

c) Between Xi'an & Beijing's Tombs, which is more interesting or impressive ?

d) Generally, how much time is required for quick visits ?
Jun 14, 2008 02:44
  • GURTY
Xi'an and Beijing's tombs are quite different. Most tombs in and near Xian are those of the Han Dynasty (25 – 220) and Tang Dynasty (618 - 907), and the best ones are Han Yang Ling (Mausoleum of the First Han Emperor, Liu Che), Mausoleum of the First Emperor of the Qin Dynasty, Emperor Qin Shi Huang.

In Beijing, the tombs are constructed in the Ming (Hence the name Ming Tombs) and Qing Dynasty (like Qing Eastern Tombs) for Beijing is the capital for the Ming and Qing Dynasties.

Which is more impressive? It depends on which part of Chinese history you are interested in.
Jun 15, 2008 04:08
GUEST75205 GURTY,

I understand there are 2 Ming Tombs opened to public and among those in Xi'an and around, there are at least 2 others highly rated ones. Have you selected those 2 for Xi'an because they are nearer ? Have you visited the other 2 ? Have you visited those 2 in Ming Tombs ?

I know the Ming(Chingling and Dingling) and Xi'an ones are different but if you must rate them, which are your No. 1, 2 and 3 ?
Jul 4, 2008 04:18
  • GURTY
Each in its own way. Hard to rate these them. Han Yang Ling (Mausoleum of the First Han Emperor, Liu Che) in Xian is the best, Changling, Diningling are followers.
Post a Reply to: Tombs Questions
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code