Menu
Should I visit Jiu zhai gou or Huangshan if I can only see one?
Jun 20, 2008 01:44
guest46181 I've been studying in Beijing for 2 weeks now and have another 2 weeks to go. Ive seen Shian, Shanghai, and Inner Mongolia. Im going to have time left for one more trip and I can't decide between these two places.

Both look absolutely gorgeous. I have about 3-4 days to do either one and I'm having a really hard time making up my mind. Has anyone been to one or the other, or preferably both and can give me some input?

Thanks
Jun 20, 2008 03:27
GUEST01124 I have the same problem to making a choice. Since you have been to Xian and Beijing, which of the tombs and museums have you visited ? Can you let me know which tomb is better to visit between the 2 Ming Tombs and between the Ming ones and the Xian ones ? And which are the top 3 museums you have visited in those cities and how do you rank them ?

Thanks.
Jul 13, 2008 19:39
  • ELLYSE
Out of all the tombs in Xi'an, Hanyangling was the most outstanding, apart from the Terracotta Warriors. The Shaanxi Provincial History Museum is also stunning.
If you don't mind the cost of flying, Jiuzhaigou would be my pick.
Jul 13, 2008 23:42
  • JABAROOTOO
Jiuzhaigou is my pick too

And just now it is not so popular because of the recent Earthquake so you'd enjoy it at a little off season crowd numbers too.
Well worth flying in there. Shuttle bus from the airport both ways and accommodations likely to be discounted.

Two days in the park is enough and you could have a look at Songpan and perhaps take a horse trek for the day as well or just ride a bus up country and back again for a few hours. Always great way to see the scenery
Jul 13, 2008 23:43
  • JABAROOTOO
Depends where you are from when it comes to scenery but you'll get a taste of Tibet out there which you won't get in Huangshan
Jul 14, 2008 03:04
  • ELLYSE
Best tomb around Xi'an that I've seen is Hanyangling, apart from Terracotta Warriors. The Shaanxi Provincial History Museum is also extremely worthwhile.
Post a Reply to: Should I visit Jiu zhai gou or Huangshan if I can only see one?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code