Menu
Do you watch "Happy China"?
Jun 20, 2008 04:50
  • ZOEY
"Happy China" is a TV programme made by CCTV-4. In that programme, the host and hostess will lead you to visit many touirst attractions as well as teaching you Chinese. Personally, I think that it is a good way to learn Chinese. However, it is said that "Happy China" has been stopped due to its low view rating. What a pity!

Don't be annoyed. The DVD has released and you can buy them to learn Chinese. It is called "快乐中国学汉语 (Kuai 4 Le 4 Zhong 1 Guo 2 Xue 2 Han 4 Yu 3)" in Chinese.

By the way, I have found the videos on CCTV website. You can watch them online. Here is the address: http://www.cctv.com/program/happychina/02/01/index.shtml

A screenshot from the video

Jun 22, 2008 18:54
Wow this is great! I have CCTV and enjoy watching it, eventhough I don't really understand it just yet.

This would have been PERFECT for me!! I guess I'll be buying the DVD unless I can watch all the episodes online....
Jun 22, 2008 21:52
  • ZOEY
ALLWORKNOPLAY, I am glad to hear that you like watching Happy in China. It can help you practice Spoken Chinese. However, I guess that few foreign Chinese learners can read those characters on the screen if there is no English translation. Can you read those Chinese characters? It is really a good thing to learn Chinese as well as "visiting" beautiful scenery in China.
Jun 23, 2008 09:57
Hey Zoey,

No I cannot read Chinese characters. But in the picture you showed, it has both Chinese characters and English subtitles??

As long as I can read the English subtitles and hear how they are saying it, that will help me a lot!

Jun 23, 2008 20:11
  • ZOEY
Yes, ALLWORKNOPLAY. Both Chinese and English subtitles are shown in the programme. Just enjoy watching them! Wish you could speak as fluently as that guy in the picture.
Jun 23, 2008 20:52
Zoey,

Well this week is my 4th week learning Putonghua. I am not sure how long it will take to get fluent. I try to surround myself with Chinese all day. I have 3 Chinese channels: Sino, ETTV and CCTV4.

I enjoy watching some soap opera called Rogue. And some cooking and game shows. The news media on CCTV4 talk really fast...at least for me!

The link for Happy China doesn't seem to work anymore.

http://www.mycctv.com.cn/free/happychina/

Jul 2, 2008 08:17
  • XJD1007
Hi, guys, I am a Chinese from Beijing. I am glad you are working so hard on Chinese learning. wish you guys good luck.
Post a Reply to: Do you watch "Happy China"?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code