Menu
Study confirms that bad guys do get the most girls
Jun 20, 2008 23:18
  • BLUESKY001
James Bond is a representative of bad guys.He epitomizes "dark triad personality traits".

An article from newscientist.com says that new studies have confirmed the belief: bad guys get the most girls. The finding points that bad guys in generail have a nasty suite of antisocial personality traits known as "dark triad": " self-obsession of narcissism; the impulsive, thrill-seeking and callous behaviour of psychopaths; and the deceitful and exploitative nature of Machiavellianism"(from newscientist.com).

The article also says James Bond is the representative of bad guys. He epitomizes best the Dark Triad Traits. The researcher Jonan said: "James Bond is clearly disagreeable, very extroverted and likes trying new things - killing people, new women." Men with dark triad personalities usually have a prolific sex life. They tend to poach other’s mates for a short-term affair.

Men, do you have " dark triad traits"? Ladies, do you like “bad guys" with " dark triad traits"?

Jun 20, 2008 23:25
  • CHYNAGYRL
i used to like them, but now I hate them.
Jun 22, 2008 20:08
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Ummm... don't confuse movies with real life. As for me, I never liked James Bond, not even one bit.

Jun 22, 2008 20:43
  • LEONARDO
Partly, I believe the study. I can find evidences in the daily lives. Almost all the bad guys around me have found girlfriends; whereas numerous nice guys remain single. "Men with dark triad personalities usually have a prolific sex life."
It is a truth.

Perhaps, I shouldn't tar all the ladies with the same brush, but a large proportion of young girls do prefer bad guys.
Jun 23, 2008 22:16
  • SUNNYDREAM
I don't believe that " bad" in the context refers to the "heinous". " Bad" may mean "slightly evil". A guy with the trait of thrill-seeking is attractive to me. I hate guys with other two traits: self-obsession of narcissism and callous behaviour of psychopaths.
Jun 23, 2008 22:47
  • GARYKINKADE
These men with "dark triad traits" may be fun and exciting to date for a great majority of women but marrying them is a completely different and possibly dangerous situation.
Post a Reply to: Study confirms that bad guys do get the most girls
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code