Menu
going to shantou (pls guide me!)
Nov 11, 2009 08:41
GUESTSANJU25... Please Guide me: I want to go from Hong Kong to Shantau:
1. Which are the ways of going to Shantau from Hongkong, By BUS, by TRAIN, By FLIGHT, By FERRY. and how much is the cost and time for each route. Thanks
Dec 20, 2009 00:47
  • ELLYSE
From Hong Kong itself, or Hong Kong airport?
Mar 8, 2010 10:32
GUEST49133 Hello all,

Can anybody guide me ? Im coming from HongKong.and I want to go to Guangdong, Shantou. I heard that there are bus that ply the route from HK to Shantou directly. Does anybody know where in HK can I take the bus to Shantou ?

Wilson
Mar 13, 2010 03:11
GUEST49133,

It says that you can go to No.361, Portland Street, Mong Kok, Kowloon to take direct bus to Shantou, Guangdong. Actually, you can to go Shenzhen via Lohu Port. Then you can take bus from Shenzhen to Shantou.
Apr 15, 2010 12:42
GUEST18169 Hi to all,

I am staying at Metropark Hotel Mongkok and wants to go to Shantou directly from my hotel, any advice on the nearest coach that i can book to travel, instead of going through Shenzhen?

Thanks alot.
Apr 16, 2010 14:09
  • ELLYSE
Regardless of whatever bus you take, I'm pretty sure you'll have to get off the bus and go through immigration at the Hong Kong-Shenzhen border.
Aug 27, 2010 06:27
GUEST29146 Hello,

can you help me with suggestion, please!?

I will arrive to Hong Kong Int. Airport at 17.40 (september 23rd) and than I would like to come to Shantou at same day by using the bus. Can you guide me how to take the MTR or how to take a bus to Shenzhen Long distance bus station from Airport in HKG? Will I have enough time to catch the last bus from Shenzhen station to Shantou?? ?
Aug 28, 2010 03:16
  • BAKUI
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST29146 View Post

Hello,

can you help me with suggestion, please!?

I will arrive to Hong Kong Int. Airport at 17.40 (september 23rd) and than I would like to come to Shantou at same day by using the bus. Can you guide me how to take the MTR or how to take a bus to Shenzhen Long distance bus station from Airport in HKG? Will I have enough time to ca...

Hey, there is direct coach from Hongkong Airport to Shantou. See [tcgurl=http://www.travelchinaguide.com/cityguides/hongkong/transportation/airport-transfer.htm]Transfer Between Hong Kong Airport and Pearl River Delta Regions[/tcgurl]

Better to make a phone call to confirm if you will be early enough to catch the last coach.
Aug 28, 2010 03:41
  • WANHU
After immigation and luggage collection probably you'll be out of the airport at 18:30. You can use airport express train to HK Island then take MTR... but I'd prefer using limousine service at the Terminal 2 that costs only HKD150 to Huanggang. HK side at the Passport Control you don't need to get down from your vehicle until you reach Huanggang Port. The journey takes about one hour. From Huanggang you can take bus or private car. If you can't speak Chinese, ask someone to write your destination on a piece of paper. Hope you have a nice trip.
Wan
Sep 24, 2010 09:53
GUESTNOEL There is a bus connection from Hongkong direct to Shantou. Along the way there are also another 2 or 3 pick up points. In Hongkong the bus route starts at YMCA and ends at Regency Hotel in Shantou. The reverse is the same for starting and ending points. However, the crossing points into Shantou via Shenzhen and return may not be the same point at Shenzhen. It may therefore not always be Lohu, one of the crossing points.

Which are the likely crossing points?

What is the name of this bus company? Is the crossing point pre-determined or up to the driver?

Are there other similar operators and where are the starting and ending points?

How do I book for this transportation?

What is the return ticket cost?

There is a tie-up between Regency Hotel and the transport company which starts and ends at Regency Hotel. Passengers who buy both the transport and hotel room are given a special rate.

Can I have details of this package?

Are there similar arrangements for other transport companies and hotels? Can I have the names of the transport companies, the hotels and their rates?

Thank you and regards

Noel Lau
Page 3 of 7    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: going to shantou (pls guide me!)
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code