Menu
Need to open a Coffee Shop in Shanghai
Jun 23, 2008 08:07
  • JAAAA
Hello!!

I'm Thai and going to Shanghai tostudy Chinese.
I'd like to do a business with Chinese such as trading.
And I also want to open a coffee shop in Shanghai. I have my own coffee shop in Thailand as you can see from picture.
My family is a Homemade bakery manufacturer. Our products is such as Cereal crackers , Whole grain crackers , Crispy durain tart , Almond tulle cookie.

Can you give me some advice if I want to export my bakery , open coffee shop or do some trading business?

Many Thanks in advance,

Jun 23, 2008 19:42
  • WCTMAN
Nice coffee shop. Just last week, you were looking for forum member support in tracking down a Chinese electronics supplier who took "all your money". ( see Chitter Chatter, "I was cheated by http://www.electronics-made-china.com" ). I would guess that opening a coffee shop in Shanghai would cost about 1 Million RMB, what with the cost of retail space, supplies etc. Good luck!
Jun 24, 2008 04:05
  • DODGER
JAAA, I thought you had lost all of your money as well.
Perhaps you need to do more market research this time on this new project.
Dodger.
Jun 24, 2008 06:42
  • JAAAA
Oh yes , that forum belongs to me. And now I'm still following up to find out whose that website is.
Because maybe many people were cheated from the owner of that website. I need them to be arrested as soon as possible.

Okay let's get back to my project. Many thanks for your comments , but the cost for opening a coffee shop in Shanghai is quite too high.

What about my bakery products??
I used to go to Nanjing lu. There're many bake shops over there and thier products are the same kind as mine.
So I think if I could supply bakery it'd be great. But I have no idea or experience where or who I have to connect to if I want to start a business?

Please kindly advise , many thanks in advance again.
JAAAA
Jun 25, 2008 01:36
  • JCNILE123
As long as you do not get in to the same line of the teahouses that target tourists, I think it is a good idea.
Nov 4, 2008 23:45
Hello, I am local Shanghainese, there is a coffee business in the shanghai centre try to sell now, include everything( one coffee shop, business license and so on) .
I know this case very well, and i want to take it but no enough money, if you are interested, maybe we have opportunity to share it.

Anyway, you can contact me : hotmail.com|lihuijuan1006
MP:13761802966

Dec 7, 2008 01:19
GUESTNICKY I'm thinking about bakery buisness. Maybe we can meet up and talk. I'm an expat here. Email me gmail.com|nickylau2525
Dec 8, 2008 04:35
GUEST83094 I was trying to open a coffee shop in Thailand last year but as only tourist from England I had to come back boo hoo.
No I am thinking to come to China I just want to ask if anyone knows about a foreignerbuying property in China for business or to live?

Nice coffee shop by the way.

Dec 9, 2008 20:25
  • KHATRINELUZ
i just want to comment on the coffe shop... its nice love the ambience i would not misst it... Good luck on your new business!
Dec 9, 2008 21:23
GUESTJAAAA Thanks for all replies. Now , I have another idea about opening a Small Thai restaurant around the school or university area.
It seems to be easier and can get more customer than coffee shop.

If you're interested , please contact me at yahoo.com|july_ja
Dec 27, 2008 04:50
  • JAVAMAN
@jaaa @lihuijuan1006 - are you still intested in opening a coffee shop?
I offer fresh roast coffee in Shanghai, China and Asia
YoMo Artisan Roast Coffee
www.YoMoCoffee.com
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Need to open a Coffee Shop in Shanghai
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code