Menu
What do you think of grammar rules while learning Chinese?
Jun 26, 2008 04:12
guestLearnchinese After learning Chinese for a while, I have figured out that the grammar rules are really difficult to understand and master. Take quantifiers for example, I am often confused when using them. Really complicated! Do you find it is hard to learn grammar rules of Chinese? Anyone here can give me some suggestions?
Jun 26, 2008 10:46
  • APAULT
i wish I could get past page 1 :(
Jun 26, 2008 22:46
  • JIMMYB
Paul, don't lose heart. When I was learning English, I also felt that it was very hard to master the grammar rules. I spent much time memorizing the rules. Finally, I succeeded. Just work hard on it!
Jul 2, 2008 08:04
  • XJD1007
I think grammar is not that important for foreigners to grasp. Compare with it, tones are more important, because unlike English, one Chinese tone got its meaning, thus we have numerous homonyms, 一(yi1)for example, has 156 homonyms, each has different meaning. So pronounce accurately will make you be understood quickly by others.
And one thing to remember, Chinese language is fond of short terms, particularly two-word or four-word terms.such as 伟大、秩序、接触、考虑、给予、令人放心...etc.
Jul 2, 2008 08:10
  • XJD1007
another example:北京 奥运会 马上 就要 开始 了。see? two-word terms
Post a Reply to: What do you think of grammar rules while learning Chinese?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code