Menu
Ivanovic vs. Zheng *spoiler*
Jun 27, 2008 19:24
  • CANADAGUY
As a courtesy, in the west, we usually don't give away the results of a match in the subject title in case someone hasn't seen it yet.

Today Zheng, Jie defeated the world number one Ivanovic in an extraordinary tennis match!

Congratulations to Zheng on a well-earned victory!
It's great to see a Chinese player do so well at Wimbledon, especially just before the Olympics this summer.

Hopefully she can continue on in the draw with more successes.

Jun 27, 2008 23:14
  • LEMONCACTUS
Hi Canadaguy,

Yes! I watched the match live last night and was delighted for Zheng. She has a pretty sharp back-hand!

LC :)
Jun 29, 2008 21:11
  • KEVIN0518
Congratulations to Zheng Jie. I watched the hightlights of that game. Ivanovic wasn't the one who played in French Open when playing against Zheng Jie. It seemed that she had no way to fight back Zheng's attacks. This year, Wimbledon has brought us some shocks. I want to know if we will be shocked again and again.

Did Ivanovic cry when losing the game against Zheng Jie?

Jun 30, 2008 19:15
  • CANADAGUY
>> Did Ivanovic cry when losing the game against Zheng Jie?

I think she may have indeed shed a tear or two.

Once again today, Zheng continued on her quest for a Wimbledon singles title.
She defeated 15th seeded Agnes Szavay from Hungary 6-3, 6-4.
Congratulations Zheng. Way to go!

Jun 30, 2008 22:30
  • KEVIN0518
Canadaguy, she might shed tears for her bad performance. I guess that she didn't take her rival Zheng Jie seriously in that game. You see, Zheng Jie took part in Wimbledon Championships just because of the wild card. To Ivan's surprise, Zheng performed very well and finally beat her. Another reason was that Ivan lost too much strength in the previous game. She won that game difficultly. Judging from her performance at Wimbledon, I should say that she didn't prepare for Wimbledon. Winning the champion of French Grand Slams made her too excited. She should have learned a valuable lesson at Wimbledon.

Again, congratulations to Zheng Jie. She has made the record because none Chinese female tennis players has entered quarter finals before. Looking forward to more good news from her.

Zheng wept tears of joy.

Jun 30, 2008 22:43
  • CANADAGUY
Yes Kevin I agree with you about Ivanovic's performance at Wimbledon.
There were several factors affecting her less than stellar play as you mentioned.

Also as you mentioned Zheng was quite lucky to have been given a wild card
to get into the tournament.
But Zheng has been playing with lots of confidence and should be very proud of her achievements
so far at Wimbledon.
I hope she continues to do well.
Post a Reply to: Ivanovic vs. Zheng *spoiler*
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code