Menu
one more question about itineraries when applying for visa
Jun 30, 2008 09:02
  • SEEKER2K
hi

i already asked some questions about this, but still need a little more info about the application process. i am not sure what to fill out so that it doesn't get rejected.

so, when applying for visa, i need to provide the following:

1. flight reservations in and out of China
2. any interior flight reservations.
3. hotel reservations for their respective dates i will be there at the given cities.

now, i will be going for 2 weeks with a Chinese friend that already lives in China, and most likely will not need a tour guide, especially for the big cities. i still might purchase a smaller package for something such as the terraces near Guilin, or something like that.

so my question is: do i have to specify exactly and precisely what i will be doing on my itinerary for visa ? for example when i land in Guangzhou, 2nd day morning go see Shamian Island and in afternoon see Museum of the Tomb of the King of Southern Yue in Western Han Dynasty ?

Or is it enough that I list on my application that I will be staying in Guangzhou on that date and I don't need to provide the details ?

I am unclear on this so I would appreciate if someone could give me a precise answer.

the 2nd question is :

on the application form itself, i see section 4.7 and 4.9 as "Inviter, Contact or Your Relative in China:" so thats where I input my friends info, but, I don't see where to input the itinerary. Should I just scan the reservation papers and attach them to the application with some sort of table of contents or is there another seperate special form for it ?

third: if I do purchase a small 4-5 day interior tour, do I still need to provide tour company info in the itinerary ? because I will already be with the inviter, so the tour would be for us both.

thanks for clarifications

Jul 1, 2008 05:22
  • BARONTWANGLE
You don't need to be so specific! Just put down a few cities you will visit (Guangzhou, Guilin, etc), and provide hotel booking confirmation at these locations. You don't need to show internal flight bookings, but it won't hurt to include them.

I wouldn't put down any reference to your Chinese friend if I were you. It will only complicate things, and they will ask for more info.
Jul 3, 2008 21:33
  • SEEKER2K
cool, thanks

so do I just attach a piece of paper with it and then the copies of booked flight / hotel info to the visa application ? or is there some other form for the itinerary that i am missing ?
Jul 8, 2008 22:18
  • BARONTWANGLE
You've probably already done this by now, but you seem to have the right idea. Good luck.
Jul 20, 2008 20:55
  • SEEKER2K
no , not yet, so far my planned dates are october 12-25, and i am still unclear on the 2nd part of my question.

do i just get a piece of paper and make an outline for flights, hotels then send the copies of the bookings / receipts with it and visa application ?

or is there some specific itinerary form that i am missing and have not discovered yet ?
Jul 20, 2008 23:54
  • JABAROOTOO
just attach a sheet with a simple itinerary supported by reservations.
Post a Reply to: one more question about itineraries when applying for visa
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code