Menu
Drug offense in hong kong...can i get a china visa? (im not a chinese national)
Jul 2, 2008 06:56
  • KYUNGWON
so yea..title says it all and i HAVE done a search..but my case seems a lil different. most of the people on this site have discussed criminal records such as dui...ive seen stalking...some stealing...anyway...

these happened outside china so im guessing it would be easier to say NO in the checkbox, since it would be harder for the officials in China to check. however for me, i was caught with possesion of approx 2 grams of marijuana in hong kong...which is now china. now 2 grams of weed may not seem like much for westerners but for the chinese...i KNOW how serious it would sound.

ive had a 3 year multiple visa, have travelled in china for so many times i don't even remember...hell i even have a place there i've rented for a year and have been living there for a month now...

but now im back in hk to reapply for the visa since its expiring in 5 days and with the new criminal record check box and the olympics coming up...i dunno what to expect. knowing myself, i will probably check yes, and give them a police report and a detailed description. i guess im writing this post because im worried...i just want to know what to expect.

one more thing...if i get a visa through a travel agency, do they use the same applications? do they have a criminal record check box? anyone got a chinese visa through a travel agency recently that could help?

thanks so much.
im going to the embassy tmr so...yea..wish me luck
Jul 16, 2008 01:37
  • AUTONOMY54
Did you get any answers?
Post a Reply to: Drug offense in hong kong...can i get a china visa? (im not a chinese national)
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code