Menu
Renewing tourist visa
Jul 3, 2008 19:13
  • SOMEGUY
Hi
I'm over here on a tourist (L) visa and may need to extend it. I've heard that because of the olympics it's very hard to organise visas so I'm a bit worried about it.
Also I'm staying with people in Wenzhou at the moment so if I could do it here that would be very convenitent.
If anyone could tell me where I would go to organise a visa or who I would talk to about it that would be really good.
Any help is really appreciated.
Jul 4, 2008 06:21
  • BLUEYANKEE44
I am not sure if you qualify,but you should try Guangzhou,where I am living.I am able to renew for a year,as my wife lives here .It would be for a shorter period,if
she was not my wife. You can try. It will take five days,to get the new Visa.
Jul 11, 2008 00:57
  • BJLEEO
Normally, municipal-level Public Security Bureaus have the rights to extend foreigners' visas. But due to the Olympics, not sure whether Wenzhou Municipal Public Security Bureau can still do it or not.

Normally speaking, L visas can be extended twice, 30 days for each time without your leaving China mainland. But due to the Olympics, PSB may give you fewer days.

Anyway, in Beijing recently many foreigners from developed countries extent their tourist visas.

You can try in Wenzhou. If it doesn't work, you can try some big cities, like Beijing, Shanghai or Guangzhou.

And recently in Beijing foreigners need to prepare a statement by China bank, stating he/she has 100USD / day for his/her following stay in China. The 30-day extension requires 3000 USD in the bank account totally.
Post a Reply to: Renewing tourist visa
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code