Menu
Federer VS Nadal again!
Jul 4, 2008 22:42
  • KEVIN0518
Voting is valid from Jul 4, 2008 22:42 to Jul 7, 2008 22:42 .
Exclusive Vote
  1. 2 vote(s)
  2. 0 vote(s)
  3. This vote is invalid now.
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
In three consecutive years, Federer and Nadal have met each other in the final of Men's singles at Wimbledon. In the first two years, Federer beat Nadal to win the champion. Will he continue tomorrow? Some people say "Yes" and some say "No".

Bjorn Borg who once had won five consecutive champions at Wimbledon from 1976 to 1980 predicts that Nadal will be very likely to win this year. However, after seeing Federer's performances at Wimbledon, he has changed his mind, believing that Federer will surpass him to win his sixth champion tomorrow. Really interesting! Why did he change his mind so quickly? Suppose you were asked to predict the champion of 2008 Wimbledon, who will you say, Federer or Nadal?

It is a little bit hard since they both have done very well this year. Federer enters the final without losing one set to his rivals. In addition, he has expanded his voctories on grass to 65 games. Nadal just lost one set. However, he did very well when playing Murray. Even though he was injured, he still beat Murray to enter the semi-final. If you have a look at their data in the semi-finals, you will find that they almost beat their rivals with same result (6-3/7-6(3)/6-4 and 6-1/7-6(3)/6-4).

As for me, I still wish Federer could win since I am a fan of him. On the other hand, if he can win, he will set a new record at Wimbledon---winning six consecutive champions at Wimbledon.

What are your choice, Federer or Nadal? Plese give your vote and let's see who will win.
Jul 4, 2008 22:43
  • KEVIN0518
Who will be the champion?

Jul 8, 2008 01:45
  • KEVIN0518
He was defeated by Nadal. This is what I won't to see. However, Nadal really deserved the champion because he performed very well.

"As for me, I still wish Federer could win since I am a fan of him. On the other hand, if he can win, he will set a new record at Wimbledon---winning six consecutive champions at Wimbledon."

Now Nadal sets a new record. He becomes the first one who consecutively won French and Wilmbledon Grand Slams. Congratulations to him. These two guys are destinied to be enemies. Last year, Federer defeated Nadal at Hamburg, ending Nadal's 81 winnings on clay. This time, Nadal ended Federer's 65 winnings on grass, also his dream to win six consecutive champions at Wimbledon.
Jul 8, 2008 19:45
  • CANADAGUY
>>Now Nadal sets a new record. He becomes the first one who consecutively won French and Wilmbledon Grand Slams. Congratulations to him.<<

Not so fast Kevin. Nadal is the first one *since Borg* to win back to back French and Wimbledon titles.
Borg did it many times.

>> These two guys are destinied to be enemies.<<

Enemies is a rather strong word for this situation.
Rivals, would be more suitable.
Have a peek here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sports_rivalry#Tennis
Jul 8, 2008 22:53
  • KEVIN0518
Thanks for correcting me, Canadaguy. Here I am in China and I couldn't open Wiki. By the way, I don't like Borg. It seems that he was a person who blended with the wind. Bofore Wimbledon, he predicted that Nadal would win. When the Wimbledon started, he changed his mind and said that Federer would win. However, Federer was defeated by Nadal. He was more like a "doomsayer".
Jul 9, 2008 21:29
  • CANADAGUY
>>Thanks for correcting me, Canadaguy. Here I am in China and I couldn't open Wiki. By the way, I don't like Borg. It seems that he was a person who blended with the wind...<<

Yes I agree with you about Borg. I don't like wishy-washy people either.
But he has other ulterior motives for making his predictions.

His record is at stake: 5 Wimbledon titles and 6 French titles.
So although he wishes Federer and Nadal well, he would still like to see his records stay intact.

By having Nadal win Wimbledon this year, his 5-year record
of consecutive wins remains tied with Federer.
So he can still breathe a sigh of relief because it will probably take many years before someone comes along to challenge the feat again.

Post a Reply to: Federer VS Nadal again!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code