Menu
Hotel at the NEW Guangzhou International Airport
Jul 5, 2008 01:14
  • GRIZ326
I am trying to book a hotel at the new International Airport in Guangzhou. TCG does not have an agreement with the hotel there and the one hotel listed here says it is the Airport Hotel - but is not really.

The source of the problem is that the old airport, built in 1932 was replaced in 2004, but the new airport kept the name of the original (old) airport. ...and the hotel near the old airport did not change its name to the OLD airport hotel (but its still just 5 minutes from the old airport) ;-)

It would be confusing enough to book the correct hotel within my own country with the same circumstances, but my Chinese is not good enough to be certain I am getting the correct hotel here in China. I've been making judgements based on RMB quoted for the rooms.

Does anyone know how to contact the China Southern Novatel Pearl Hotel that is located at the NEW international airport in Guangzhou? Or maybe you have a link to their website?

I have a very early flight back to the USA and do not want to risk Guangzhou traffic. :-)

TIA,
Griz
Jul 5, 2008 03:42
  • LYNVIDAD
hi good day!

here are the list of hotels i know. i hope this can help you.

Novotel Baiyun Airport Guangzhou
Baiyun International Airport, Renhe Town, Guangzhou, China, 510470
Tel # 86-20-3606 8866

Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport Hotel
No. 340, Yunxiao Street, Jichang Road, Guangzhou, China, 510405
Tel #(86) (20) 8663 8838

for your info.

lyn
Jul 5, 2008 03:58
  • JABAROOTOO
Hi Griz,

Here is the link to their website where you can make reservations.

http://www.accorhotels.com.au/Novotel-Baiyun/default_en.aspx
Jul 5, 2008 20:47
  • GRIZ326
Thank you, I've taken a chance and booked two rooms. The website did nothing to provide assurances that it is the hotel next to the NEW International Airport, but I guess the information here denies me blissful ignorance ;-)

Jul 5, 2008 22:42
  • JABAROOTOO
Griz,
the Accor hotel that I gave you the link to is the one you want. I've been past it several times in the past few months and it's definitely the one.

In fact I'll be down there again a four weeks. When are you arriving????
Jul 6, 2008 07:09
  • GRIZ326
I am returning to the states this week Jabarootoo. Maybe I'll catch you on my next trip. Thanks for your help.
Post a Reply to: Hotel at the NEW Guangzhou International Airport
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code