Menu
Travel agencies
Jul 5, 2008 01:56
  • YUANZHOULV

Hi all,
Looking for travel agencies (or friends :)) in the following cities that can help me book advance train tickets (i.e. reliably almost for sure, on a specific date). i'm willing to run around the city to pick up tickets if that will make it cheaper, i don't want to pay double-price.

Beijing, Urumqi, Kashi, Turpan, Hami

Also, looking for dorm beds to stay in at
Kashi, Turpan

Any help would be appreciated with contact info of good agencies! E-mail of course is easiest for me but if I must call, I could.

(By the way, CITS just told me it was too late for them to book Beijing-Urumqi for me on 20-Jul; I don't believe this is true since tickets go on sale 10 days before? Other travel agencies are telling me that I should contact them on 19-Jul when I arrive in Beijing by air, but booking 1 day in advance doesn't seem reliable to me at all, I'm looking for an agency that will go up there when the sales start, get the ticket and hold on to it)

Thanks!
Jul 13, 2008 20:37
  • ELLYSE
Are you going to pay them in advance? Otherwise, don't you think it's a bit much to ask them to put down their own money for you, and still only charge you minimum price for the service, and pray that you don't default on them?
Jul 13, 2008 20:58
  • YUANZHOULV
Sure, paying in advance is fine, if there is a secure way to do so. For Beijing I'm all set, working on the others, seems like hotels can help in some cases and some cases not.
Jul 14, 2008 03:02
  • ELLYSE
And are you going to pay them in advance? If not, don't you think it's a bit too much to ask for, wanting them to buy the tickets in advance, do all the work but also worry that you might default on the tickets?
Dec 23, 2008 10:13
  • CHASE
Hi! Ellyse, can you give your email you're seems to be the expert here...
Dec 24, 2008 05:49
  • ELLYSE
yahoo.com|ellyse99 -- please put "TravelChinaGuide" and your own username (eg Chase) in the subject line, thanks.
Post a Reply to: Travel agencies
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code