Menu
Going to Shanghai, never been to China before. Please Help :o)
Jul 5, 2008 22:08
  • FIREGHOST
Hi Everybody,

I am planning to go to Shanghai sometime in the next few months. I have never been to China before and am looking for as much help as possible. I am looking to stay at a hotel in the Jiangan region of Shanghai. I will be traveling on a budget and don't want to pay a lot for a hotel but still want something nice. I was hoping to keep my hotel bill around $60.00 US Dollars per night or less. I will be flying into Pudong airport and will need quick transportation to where I will be staying. Any and all help will be very much appreciated, especially regarding the costs of things like the Maglev and other forms of transportation. Web sites with information would be great too. I should also let you know that I speak no Chinese. Does anyone know of a good electronic translator I could buy to help me out?

Thanks everybody, I look forward to hearing from you all.
Jul 5, 2008 22:34
Hi Fireghost, this is Stone. I think I can help you. I work in Jing'an district, and I know much about Jing'an, hotels, sights, food, bars, and so on. In addition to that, I usually fly at Pudong airport...

For details, pls add me at my MSN: hotmail.com|stonebreaker905

Cya there
Jul 7, 2008 08:18
  • FIREGHOST
Hi,

I found it and I have added you to my messenger. I'm not on line a whole lot though, I hope we may connect but if not please post anything you feel would be helpful to me. I really appreciate you offering to help me out. I work nights and sleep days so right now I am just going to bed. I hope you have a great evening. It's 10:17 in the morning here right now and 9:17 in the evening there if I did my math right LOL

Frank
Jul 7, 2008 10:22
i will first recommend Motel 168.

http://hotels.ctrip.com/hotel/21725.html

Very spacious, clean, free internet, nice service..... price 200-300, not in Jing'an, but still in down town area.

Other hotels, I will find more tomorrow.
Jul 17, 2008 05:42
GUESTDENIS hi there.

You asked for translator. I often use www.translate.google.com, you can copy and paste chinese texte there and after choosing input and output lanhuage, just click translate :)

hope it would be helpful for you.

By the way, i am going to start my study in Shanghai, SISU, which locates in Hongkou disctrict. I have never been to Shanghai before, so i faced a difficulty with finding an appartment for rent in Hongkou district near SISU. If someone can help me, please write me at yahoo.com|loyal_den. Any offers would be highly appreciated. You may offer appts with a budget of 2000-3500 RMB per month. In short, i should say that i will be with my girl friend and we need fully furnished appt. with ADSL or other high speed internet, TV, etc.... 2 or more rooms...

Any offers would be appreciated highly.

Thanks.
Post a Reply to: Going to Shanghai, never been to China before. Please Help :o)
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code