Menu
Where else near to Yunnan ?
Jul 6, 2008 02:54
guest01124 I will be making a 2 weeks trip from Kunming up to Zhongdian and return, predicted that I could have another around 3 days free. Where should I go out of Yunnan which is nearest and also top attractions of China ?

Is it advisable to go Ermeishan and Leshan ? or Guilin and Yangshuo ? Which is easier or cheaper ?
Jul 6, 2008 05:57
  • JABAROOTOO
Why not stay in Yunnan since you are there and take in the Nujiang River in the west or Xishuangbanna in the south.

Neither of the above options are particularly easier or cheaper than the other and both a full of either Chinese or foreign tourist.
Get a bit more off the beaten track in Yunnan if you
Jul 13, 2008 20:37
  • ELLYSE
I would agree with Jaba. I don't know where exactly on that route you're covering in 2 weeks, but I would suggest that you add Lugu Lake or Yuanyang.
Jul 24, 2008 20:50
  • PHILWILLIAMS
I also agree skip Yangshuo (I lived there for 2 years, Yunnan rocks compared to there) Come to Baisha village, a great esacpe from the tourist trap of Lijiang.... Many things to do around this little village for free.... HIke in the high mountain botanical garden on your way to Wenhai (the back side of the Jade Dragon Mtn tourist trap), visit an old temple, stay in a Naxi families courtyard (of course not free but cheap)....
Jul 26, 2008 19:39
  • DAVEC
I agree, stay in Yunnan. I had 10 days there and wished I had more.
I stayed in Naxi house in middle of Lijiang, went to Baisha, Dali and Kunming. Didnt have enough time for Zhongdian.
Do it !! Yunnan
Post a Reply to: Where else near to Yunnan ?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code