Menu
Chinese parents teach children “eat bitter”
Mar 12, 2012 23:55
  • GRIZ326
Here in America, we could use a little 吃苦, "eat bitter," these days. We've unwisely spent far beyond our means for sweetness we do not deserve.

Do not blame the Chinese educational system, many Chinese young people benefit greatly from the discipline, my step-daughter is among them. She continues to get straight A grades in an American University because of her study ethic born in the "eat bitter" philosophy. I see these "eat bitter" up-bringing Chinese at work everyday. They have exceptional lives because of their dedication.

My daughter sacrifices her personal/social life for long-term gain. Only time will tell if she has lost an important part of her life. For my part, I encourage her to enjoy herself between semesters at school.

Before America became "great," everyone was prudent. Eventually, the belief that it would always be that way, softened most of us.

I'd encourage caution in disregarding the "eat bitter" wisdom in favor of living an easier life. I do not believe that eating bitter:

>>> limit your imagination and curiosity

Most of the advanced scientists in China today are proof that is not the case.

Imagine trying to convince a martial arts master that he was being too tough on you.

Life is really the ultimate martial art.
Apr 2, 2013 19:54
GUESTREGINE ...
Everything is very open with a very clear explanation of the challenges. It was really informative. Your site is very helpful. Thanks for sharing!
Jun 23, 2013 01:18
GUESTVANI Love all the report card uprecits!! Too too stinkin cute. That is something I've never thought to do.And the enchiladas sound AMAZING. We love Mexican food around here, it's one of the few things my son will eat with no complaints. Never bought the green salsa, I'll have to give it a whirl.Cookbook Queen recently posted..
May 30, 2017 19:24
GUESTCLAYTON... Can certainly somebody help me having a little question.
Half a year ago, I got diagnosed with the candida
I want to try a few diet plan against Candida fungus.
On the internet, a lot of information on this situation.
However thoughts usually diverge. And I did not find the appropriate decision for myself personally.
Possibly the forum members can would suggest an established diet or perhaps a few tested recipes against candida?
I'll be extremely many thanks for every help

Thanks!
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Chinese parents teach children “eat bitter”
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code