Menu
Canadian model murdered in Shanghai
Jul 10, 2008 19:50
  • CANADAGUY
This news story doesn't appear to have hit the radar screen here yet, so I thought I'd let you know about it.
It's been a headline news story in Canada for the past few days.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2008/07/09/bc-model-death-stalked.html

Jul 10, 2008 21:07
  • SHESGOTTOBE
I've read this story in Yahoo! this morning. She's just 23 I think. Very tragic.
Jul 10, 2008 21:34
  • CANADAGUY
22 actually. Yes it is very tragic indeed. She had just begun a modeling career a year ago and was in Shanghai just a few weeks when this occurred.

Details of the murder have been very slow to emerge. When the story first came out on Monday it was reported simply as a death, nothing more.

The next day it was reported as a homicide but still few details. Then came the report that she been stalked for weeks before her death. Her friends and family have been going crazy trying to get as much information as they can about what happened.

Jul 10, 2008 21:44
  • LEONARDO

I read the news in a Chinese newsletter but it was only a "downplayed" report. What was the murderer's motive? Any investigation report? I'd better read the story at an English website.
Jul 10, 2008 22:15
  • CANADAGUY
>>I read the news in a Chinese newsletter but it was only a "downplayed" report. What was the murderer's motive? Any investigation report? I'd better read the story at an English website.<<

There are still many unanswered questions about the murder. Motive certainly being one of them.
I don't think they have even arrested anyone yet, or at least that hasn't been reported yet.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2008/07/09/bc-model-death-stalked.html

I have removed the spaces in the above site address, so hopefully it will work now.
That article has the most current info so far about the murder, and there should be other links you can check (video reports etc.).

Post a Reply to: Canadian model murdered in Shanghai
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code