Menu
Is Iran really a danger to the world?
Jul 12, 2008 01:14
  • SONIA1985
Personally I think nothing of the sort. But others seem to believe otherwise. Does Iran now present enough of a threat that war should be declared? Invasion pursued? Bombing conducted? If so, when? And why?
Jul 12, 2008 04:15
  • GARYKINKADE
The Bush Admn. appears to think of Iran as such a threat.
(Fortunately or unfortunately ) they (the admn) are using the same scenario as they did for the invasion of Iraq. I.E. development of weapons of mass destruction.
Fortunate in the fact that the general public is more aware of this scheme and is showing resistance to it and the press(believe it or not) is actually reporting the facts.
Unfortunate in the fact that by using this same ploy as an excuse it shows just how dumb ass this admn. really is.
Because of Afghanistan and Iraq the forces are already stretched too thin and a war with Iran would could not be handled strictly by air power.
The war in Iraq is already approaching and probably surpassed $1trillion and have heard reports that it may even be up to $3trillion (we'll never know for sure) and all this from a debtor nation(huh)?
The question of oil being the main reason for all of this is still "open for debate".
And last but not least is the carnage of human life (which can't be measured in monies) and the cost of the infrastructure damage and destruction done. Ah! but Halliburton, Kellogg Browning&Root(KBR) and the other privatized contractors will take care of that.
As to the timing, well it probably would have happened already had it not been for people like Seymour Hersh and Scott Ritter plus others that "blew the whistle" on this proposed operation.
Whether the admn. is crazy enough to go ahead with this anyway remains to be seen but it may be their final Coup d grace
Jul 12, 2008 07:34
  • DODGER
When they pulled down the Berlin Wall and Regan sent the USSR broke I really thought that that would be the end of all of this conflict rubbish. How wrong was I?
But since the removal of Russia as a counterweight it does appear to the World that the States is being a little over agro to say the least.
Iran has always talked its self up, much like Sadam Insane did.
Let’s find an alternative to oil quickly so we can send this part of the World back to the Middle Ages.
Dodger.
Jul 12, 2008 08:09
  • JCNILE123
((((Iran has always talked its self up, much like Sadam Insane did.
Let’s find an alternative to oil quickly so we can send this part of the World back to the Middle Ages.)))

Alternative fuel will take away the bullish out this corner of earth, Agree.

On the time been, the short term solution is; America going back to drill and get oil out of their back yard,
I consider Americans resistance to drilling as one act selfishness, if I understand it well it goes like this, “let others contaminate their soil and waters"
Make them drill in exchange for a handful of dollars.

America uses more oil than any other country; it is time to drill in America.
It is time to rush mass production of alternative fuel; I am not talking about ethanol either.

Almost forgot about Iran, not ugly dollars= (((sending this part of the World back to the Middle Ages)))
Egypt, UA, Kuwait, Saudi, I think that this countries are not necessarily USA allies, however their behavior it is not like Iran’s behavior, Iran it is a destabilizing element to the worlds economies and nations.

USA navy has a supreme dominion of the world seas, He whom control the seas, controls the world.

If one day the US navy is no more, then that is the day that you will see another first world military super-power.
In addition, like USA navy today, you will see the new super-power navy all over around the world as the USA navy of todays.
Jul 12, 2008 08:27
  • YINDUFFY
The Leadership in Iran is not serving their people by making international threats and continuing to hassle their own people with religious laws.
By making outrageous statements on the World stage (We will destroy Israel, etc.) they are asking for trouble. If their leaders would just shut up, no one would pay any attention.
When in 1979 the Govt. allowed the invasion of the U.S. embassy and the taking of the staff as hostages, they committed the worst diplomatic crime possible. Iran was shunned by other countries and they are still paying the price.
Iranian leaders hold the destiny of Iran in their hands. Other countries, including the U.S., will only respond to their actions, not intitate military action without provocation.
Jul 13, 2008 21:36
GUEST40236 I voted Yes but only if Diplomacy fails to deliver results in the next 12 months. I really dont want to see a war with Iran for many reasons including Oil price,Loss of civilian lives in Iran,Israel, Loss of American Soldiers, spike in terror. Yet if Iran cannot be talked down from their current position war is envitable. I think Iran possesing a Nuclear weapon is to much of a risk, a risk overriding any pitfalls of pre-emtive strike by the US or Israel.
Oct 20, 2008 23:49
GUESTULLAH The US is the bigger threat to world peace than Iran. Iran is only a danger to Israel and the Middle East governments like Saudi Arabia, Emirates - those who amass wealth and power to stay in power.

There are 20,000 + Iranian Jews still living in Iran - they have been there for thousands of years and have NO ambition to go live in Israel. The Iran government even provide these Jews certain privileges. If this is a government that hates Jews, they would do a Saddam thing like gassing the Kurds.

Iran is as dangerous to the world as China - is China a danger to Asia? to the world? OF COURSE NOT!! It has not got a history of military adventures like America, British, Holland, Portugal, Spain, Russia, Germany, Japan - all of which were dangerous to the rest of the world. Perhaps 1 or 2 is still damgerous, but NOT IRan
Oct 22, 2008 14:49
  • GRIZ326
Is Iran a threat to the world? No, Iranian people are just folks like folks all around the world. Are factions within Iran and radical leaders a threat to the world? Quite possibly. Radical Islam clashes with modern society and must either compromise fundamentalist beliefs or fight world progress. Because a handful of radicals can pose quite a threat, any nation that in some way provides "aid and comfort" to the radicals makes itself an enemy.

Some people believe that makes a tough decision; I am not among them.

You are my friend or my enemy; there is no middle ground. As a result of this reasoning, all of Iran is targeted because of a few. The people of Iran must either run off the radicals and those who support them; or they must flee their country to avoid the eventual military wrath the radical factions will some day bring on the country.
Oct 22, 2008 20:12
GUEST9813 Interesting! Why do you think that Iran is a threat? I am afraid that Iran might be next Iraq. Before launching the war against Iraq, US claimed that Iraq owned a large quantity of mass-destructive weapons. However, Did US find any mass-destructive weapons in Iraq? US just wanted to find an excuse for launching the war. The fact has proved that it was a big mistake that US launched the war against Iraq.

At present, US said that Iran was a threat because Iran was developing nuclear bomb. Did other countries think US was a big threat when it invented its nuclear bomb? Even they did think so, they couldn't say it publicly because they understand that US was a super power in the world and they didn't want to have trouble.

Iran has irritated US because it is developing its nuclear facilities. North Korea is another good example. After North Korea stopped to develop its nuclear facilities, US crosses North Korea from its blacklist. What if North Korea didn't do as US said? Will US launch a war against North Korea?
Oct 29, 2008 05:19
GUESTSUISSE ...about as dangerous as China is towards the rest of the world. The USA is a threat to world peace than any other nation on the planet.
Nov 17, 2008 16:14
GUEST83225 Iran is no threat to the West, they even helped us in rounding up Al Qaida suspects. Iran is a threat to Israel though therefore we should listen to Israel and bomb Iran's nuke threats.
Post a Reply to: Is Iran really a danger to the world?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code