Menu
4 Months in China
Jul 12, 2008 08:27
guest17118 Hi,

I'm travelling round China for 4 months soon, with my gf who speaks Mandarin. We're starting in the south and will go to Hainan first, then after that Guizhou & Guangxi then onto Yunnan, Sichuan & Chongquing I guess then back to HK to get the 2nd entry on the Visa. Then to Shaanxi, Beijing, Qingdao, Shanghai, Hangzhou.

That's a rough itenary, any thoughts from those with experience of China would be appreciated.

We enjoy countryside, wildlife, cities, activities, anything really

Visa's, vaccinations, everything is fine, I'm just looking for advice on which areas to spend the

most time in for a really great trip, we will probably spend a week or two in each place, and we want it to be fairly leisurely and not too packed, spending time in the the nicest places.
Jul 13, 2008 07:55
  • JABAROOTOO
Read up on the reviews here of the areas you are considering.
Your GF speaking Mandarin is a big plus.

If you travel slowly and are prepared to take things as they come, you may discover lots of great stuff.
Speak to the locals and just gently fish for information.

Guizhou has enough to keep you busy for a whole month or more of liesurely travel.
You'll be surprised at what you discover if you spend time with people. Works for me all the time.
Jul 13, 2008 23:28
  • ELLYSE
Yunnan and Sichuan provinces could each easily take up a month on their own.
Jul 18, 2008 00:14
  • LIJIELI
If you want to enjoy countryside, you can stay one week in Yangshuo, Longji terraces
If you want to see wildlife, you can see the Tiger and Bear Park in Guilin, or you can see lovely panda in Seven Star Park
Post a Reply to: 4 Months in China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code