Menu
Zhuhai, Zhuhai, Pearl of China!
Jul 12, 2008 09:41
  • EDYHARTO
Hi, just visited Detian Waterfalls and beautiful Guilin again... Now we are thinking of visiting Zhuhai, Pearl of China!... We have visited three times last year and they were wonderful times.

This time round, there are eight of us and our plan is to visit the scenic spots, pamper ourselves at the Ocean Spring Resort, watch the shows and enter the make-believe Palace...

But we need your help. Is it possible to rent a bus (with driver) for the eight of us and have a tour guide for one day to take us to these places? Can you give us the details. Thank you very much.
Jul 13, 2008 07:50
  • JABAROOTOO
Yes, ask your hotel to organise. Alternatively ask Sunferia Hostel, google to get email and phone contact.

Or you can take pot luck near the border crossing. One of the drivers there helped me out one rainy night. He wanted to charge too much but you might be able to negotiate but I'm not sure about a guide.

Try Sunferia, they have English speaking staff who may be able to help you as a guide as well.
Mar 20, 2009 03:25
  • EDYHARTO
Hi, let me answer my own question. Yes it is possible to rent a mini-bus (with driver), the so-called Bread mini-bus with a driver who acts as guide as well. At the Zhuhai's Popoko Hotel lobby is a tour agency with a capable lady manager who could arrange that and more. We spoke to her, tell her the places we wanted to go, negotiate the price and asked her to put them in a piece of paper. Early next morning, at the appointed time, there came an almost brand new Hyundai 10 seater mini bus. The driver was friendly, talkative and knowledgeable guy. He took us to all the places we agreed upon, yes, even to an out-of-the-way village restaurant for home-cooked meal! On the next day, we found another bread mini bus, a 12 seater for CNY 300, which we believed a reasonable price, though after long negotiation. The day before we agreed to have it for CNY 200. But early next morning, the driver through a middleman, wanted CNY300. What to do but to agree to save time? The next time I think we will get the driver to agree on a price and make sure he abide by the agreed price....I'll try and load some photos here, but if not, you can view them at my blog http://yishun-travelclub.blogspot.com/. Thanks.
Mar 20, 2009 08:47
  • JABAROOTOO
Hi Edyharto,
Thanks for the feedback or you trip.
Sounds like you got a good deal for Y200/300 per day for a van and driver. Split this between all of you it is very reasonable.

Post a Reply to: Zhuhai, Zhuhai, Pearl of China!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code