Menu
internal flights in China ?
Jul 13, 2008 22:16
  • SEEKER2K
hi

when i check out the flight schedules for internal flights, i see some of them listed as 10%, 20%, 30% 35% or even 40% off the main price.

why are they listed at such lower prices ? is there any reason for them to be avoided ? or is it simply 1st come 1st serve ?

also, do these flights take off on time ? or are they like the private tour busses that sit until filled up for countless hours ?
Jul 13, 2008 23:23
  • JABAROOTOO
This is normal Chinese marketing and there is absolutely no reason not to buy these flights at the reduce flights. I do it all the time and they are often far from full.

Why pay full fare when you don't have to.

Flying in China has similar delays as all other countries due to weather and mechanical failures. But personally I have experienced only about three or four delays in the five years I have been flying throughout China. some longer and some just a few minutes. I think it is to be expected.

The only downside is if you have bought your ticket well in advance, if that flight doesn't sell well they may cancel it and put you on another flight. Sometimes earlier, sometimes later and they will pay for hotel if you get stranded overnight as well. I've had mine cancelled a few times but never anything too serious. I still get where I am going.

So the trick is to purchase only a week or two in advance or even just a day or two is often OK.
Jul 13, 2008 23:32
  • SEEKER2K
ok, thanks for explanation. i am planning to go in october, after the golden week, and i want to make all my reservations and finalize everything sometime in september, so about a month in advance.
Jul 14, 2008 03:03
  • ELLYSE
Yup, I usually buy about a month or 2 weeks in advance as well.
Post a Reply to: internal flights in China ?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code