Menu
Any flights or bus from Zhongdian/Lijiang to Jiuzhaigou/Songpan ?
Jul 14, 2008 07:50
guest01124 I have been surfing elong.net but just cannot find any flights, anyone knows ? Is flying to Chengdu the only means ? Or is there any direct bus ?

Thanks.
Jul 14, 2008 21:53
  • ELLYSE
No direct transport. Yes, flying to Chengdu is probably the best option.
Jul 15, 2008 00:24
  • JABAROOTOO
Kanding now has an airport but don't know what flight are available from there.

You could travel overland all the way from Zhongdian to Songpan by bus travelling up through Kanding, Danba and Maerkang, HongYuan.

This route will keep you west of the Quake zone and if you have to time to travel overland you will enjoy some of the best of western China.

You can then fly out from the Jiuzhaigou Airport after visiting the park
Jul 15, 2008 08:41
GUEST01124 Hi JAB,

Do you know what is the minimun days required from travelling by bus from Zhongdian to Jiuzhaigou ?

Which are the most scenic parts ? Is this the way:

Zhongdian - Xiangcheng - Litang - Kanding - Danba - Ma-erkang -(HongYuan)-Songpan

From my 2007 LP guide, it looks like I can only do one sector each day, every departure only 6 or 7 am. That means it will take 6 days to arrive. Is there any quicker way without missing the better scenes ? I am always tempted by mountain scenes. Can I still enjoy equally good scenes if I just go to Deqin and back to ZD or LJ and fly direct to Jiuzhaigou ?
Post a Reply to: Any flights or bus from Zhongdian/Lijiang to Jiuzhaigou/Songpan ?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code