Menu
During Olymymania you might not be able to transfer you residency permit
Jul 14, 2008 09:48
  • APAULT
In Guangdong my ex-employer started the process for 3 new employees who had Z visa/residency prermits in other provinces. It should be a simple matter of transferring them but each was told they must return to their home country to apply for the visa.  One has returned to his previous province to try there.

Olympics or not, China doesn't deserve to keep experienced foreign teachers.  
What a f..k up
Jul 16, 2008 10:23
  • JABAROOTOO
Paul,

It is NOT normal procedure to 'transfer' residency permits. With each new job we foreigners are required to apply for a Z visa in our country of origin or at least in HK. Under extenuating circumstances and obviously if one has Guangxi, new permits may be issued in-state.

Two years ago, I was forced by my employers to go to HK or go home again to apply for a Z visa. I had entered China several months earlier to travel on a tourist visa. They didn't even want to approach the PSB on the issue. Several months later they did approached the PSB on behalf of another teacher who had flown in 'on spec' on a tourist visa and was accepted for a position. His papers were processed without ever leaving China.

I was not impressed when I found out but nothing you can do. Interestingly enough he didn't last, he was gone in just six months but I've stayed two years and had my residency extended twice but that will end with this contract..
Jul 17, 2008 03:36
  • APAULT
OKJabs!I was basing my comments on what I understood was a change in regulations a couple of years ago. I was told that if you can get the two employers to co-operate (don't laugh too loudly!) you do not need a new Z visa, which 'as we all know' usually means leaving the mainland. There is NO WAY I would accept going overseas to get a visa - China is short of teachers and I don't NEED a job.... if they can't get better organised, bye bye.
Post a Reply to: During Olymymania you might not be able to transfer you residency permit
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code