Menu
Shanghai - Hangzhou - Wuxi - Hangzhou - Nanjing
Jul 14, 2008 13:04
guestk118 Hi all,

6 of us will be in shanghai PVG on 20th Dec, 7am morning. We did not engage with any tour guide, we have few places wish to go is HANGZHOU, SUZHOU, WUXI and NANJING. We would like to be in shanghai on the 24th Dec, Christmas eve. Our return air ticket is on 28th Dec PVG.

Any suggestion on which place we should go 1st and which will be the last to be visited? Thank you very much!
Jul 14, 2008 21:58
  • ELLYSE
Sat 20/12: arrive Shanghai Pudong 0700, direct bus to Hangzhou at 0930, Hangzhou
Sun 21/12: Hangzhou
Mon 22/12: morning bus Hangzhou -- Suzhou, Suzhou
Tue 23/12: Suzhou, afternoon train Suzhou -- Shanghai, Shanghai
Wed 24/12: Shanghai
Thu 25/12: Shanghai, evening train Shanghai -- Nanjing
Fri 26/12: Nanjing
Sat 27/12: Nanjing
Sun 28/12: train Nanjing -- Shanghai

I've dropped Wuxi as it's the least attractive of the places, and so that you'll have enough time for the rest.
Jul 15, 2008 12:13
GUEST03153 Thanks for your replied. Since we are going there by our own without tour guide, do you think we need to buy bus ticket and train ticket in advance? Or we can just buy on the day itself? 6 of us will be going together, I think if we take Taxi we also need to take 2 taxi, this will be a trouble. You think do we really need a tour guide? at least no need worry on the transportation. Of course, we prefer to go by our own if possible.

As for hotel, how many months advance booking will be sufficient enough and any recommendation on the hotel? Budget is about below RMB300. Thank you!
Jul 15, 2008 22:52
  • ELLYSE
Train tickets always better to buy in advance so that you minimise time wasted and you can be sure of what train you're getting. Bus tickets can usually be bought on the day itself.
I never said you need a tour guide. I don't propose that you need one.
Booking a month in advance for hotels is plenty. If you want help with accommodation suggestion and booking, please email directly to yahoo.com|ellyse99 and put "TravelChinaGuide" in the subject line as well as tell me who you are, thanks!
Jul 22, 2008 19:10
  • XAVIER
go to Hangzhou first. go to Nanjing last

Suzhou and Wuxi is on the way between Nanjing and Shanghai. So it doesn't matter when you go cos you are gonna visit them anyway
Post a Reply to: Shanghai - Hangzhou - Wuxi - Hangzhou - Nanjing
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code