Menu
applying for visa - but not flying in or out of China
Jul 15, 2008 01:54
  • DUFFBEER911
Hi,
I am currently in the process of applying for a tourist visa for China, but it is proving difficult because I am not flying in or out of China. I fly into Hong Kong, then make my way by local transport to Vietnam. I have a flight home from Bangkok.
I am told I need to prove my entry and exit for China, but it is going to be on trains, and I can not find a way to book trains online in advance. I don't want to go all the way up to Beijing. I just want to book HK to Guangzhou and then Nanning to Hanoi. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can approach this?

Booking accommodation in advance is not a problem.

Thanks for your help.
Jul 15, 2008 04:40
  • BARONTWANGLE
I don't know how you can tackle this problem. You may want to look into buying a HK - Guangzhou return flight (even if you don't use it), as it won't be expensive. You cannot book trains so far in advance, and even if you could, you couldn't do it online. You might want to look booking a boat from HK to Zhuhai or Guangzhou, but I have never done this, so don't know if it is possible. This whole Olympics thing is getting a bit silly.
Jul 15, 2008 11:16
  • JABAROOTOO
You can book ferry online either to Zhuhai or Shenzhen

Then book some cheap accommodation which again you need not use but it will get you your visa. Only paying 10% of actual costs so not much to loose if you have to.

Ditto on the Olympic restrictions.
Jul 26, 2008 05:47
GUEST84231 better take a plane to go straight to your target location, going in and out of china really requires visa and much sweat with irritations. travelling thru trains nowadays isnt a good choice or better delay your plan til olympics is over..
Post a Reply to: applying for visa - but not flying in or out of China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code