Menu
If you're holding one time visa to China & planning to visit HK,Pls do pay attention!
Jul 16, 2008 03:19
  • GZHHBSTERRY
This is my friend's case.
It is his first time to visit China, After spending some days in mainland, he went to Hong Kong for a visit. But when he want to come back to mainland, he was refused by the exit & entry department of mainland. The reason is he was holding one time visa to mainland. When he departure from mainland to Hong Kong, he had finished his visa. If he wanted to come back to mainland, he must have another visa.
The next day he needed to departure from Guangzhou airport back to his country. So we enquired Visa Section of the Consular Department of the Office of the Commissioner of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Hk. & the China Travel Service and see whether they can give temporary visa for my friend. But both of them said they can't give.
So at last, my friend can only change his ticket and departure from Hong Kong back to his country.
Jul 16, 2008 04:35
  • JABAROOTOO
This forum has been giving this warning for soooooooooo long

Hongkong and Macau although they have been returned to Chinese Sovereignty, they still maintain their own border controls.

One time visa's for entry to Mainland China are just that. A one time entry to the Mainland are void once you have set foot into either Hongkong or Macau.

Jul 16, 2008 07:53
  • BARONTWANGLE
When I came in through the Border check at Guangzhou East Train Station last week (from Hong Kong), there was a big sign I have never seen before. It said "Any foreigner not holding a Chinese visa please go to the immigration counter and we will try to help". I thought this was encouraging. Firstly, because it had the word "please" in it, and secondly, maybe someone somewhere is willing to try to help people. Anyone used this polite service yet to see what happens?
Jul 16, 2008 08:54
  • APAULT
Don't expect too much!
Jul 16, 2008 21:30
  • GZHHBSTERRY
It need time for our government to improve their service. I admit even I shouted at the exit & entry department people that day. I questioned them why didn't you give any advice when they departure ? You said HK is part of China then by this logic, if nobody tell them, they would not think they need two visas to visit one country ? At least you need to put one visible warning in the departure hall. But BARONTWANGLE said they have put one big sign at the Border check already, that is really encouraging. Coz they have realized the problem and they are taking action to solve it. Then I believe this kind of case will reduce and disappear soon.
Jul 20, 2008 01:30
  • APAULT
As I said before... Don't expect too much! It will take quite a while. (I doubt that anyone has an item in their job description which says to find ways to make the system work better, so no-one will do anything)
Jul 21, 2008 01:04
  • BARONTWANGLE
Paul - you have no faith?!!!
Post a Reply to: If you're holding one time visa to China & planning to visit HK,Pls do pay attention!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code