Menu
planning a trip to Beijing
Jul 17, 2008 20:50
  • AMYMOU
I've always been interested in China, an old and mysterious country, and I decided to go to Beijing with my girlfriend for the 29th Olympic Games. We'll stay in Beijing for about one week but we are not familiar with the city. So if there is anybody that can recommend us some interesting places to go, I'd appreciate a lot!:)
Jul 17, 2008 21:21
  • ERBENER1
yeah, guy, i'm the right person you ask. i have lived in Beijing for many years, i love this city much! Of couse, there are so many interesting places you should visit, the first one is the Great Wall , you must hear that "One is not a true man unless he comes to the Great Wall". And Tian'anmen Square, Summer Palace, Wangfujing Street and so on, countless, i think one week is not enough for your traveling in Beijing, i suggest you to find more details about the places you interested in on echinacities.com . Have a good time in Beijing!
Jul 17, 2008 22:36
  • ELLYSE
The usual must-sees: Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven, Tiananmen Square, Summer Palace, Great Wall (go for Jinshanling-Simatai or Mutianyu, not Badaling), Yonghegong Lamasery.
Jul 18, 2008 18:57
  • DOINKER
Do some ordinary things too - catch local buses, sit in cafes and chat with locals (dependent on languages spoken of course), walk in the lovely parks and see the local people especially the older residents having fun, go by train into the countryside, see the Great Wall at Simatai(?), wander around huton(?) areas of the city .................
Post a Reply to: planning a trip to Beijing
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code