Menu
Shanghai Metro
Jul 20, 2008 13:24
Hi,

Given that Shanghai is a modern, busy city, I'm sure this is a silly question, but I just want to check....

Does the Metro system run fairly regularly, even away from the city centre? I ask as I'm looking to book a hostel 4km from downtown (Shanghai City Central) and while it's not in the city centre, it's close to a Metro stop.

If anyone has experience of the Metro in Shanghai, do you know how long it would take to get from, say the Bund, to this hostel? Does the Metro ru all night, and if not, does anyone know when it starts/stops?

Sorry for all the questions; just want to make sure the hostel is the right one!

Thanks,

Dave
Jul 20, 2008 21:09
  • ELLYSE
Which line is it near? If it's line 3/4, the frequencies can be pretty slow at times.
No, the metro doesn't run all night. Different lines have different operating hours. The ones that stay open the longest are lines 1 and 2, the earliest-closing ones are most probably lines 3 and 4.
Jul 21, 2008 00:20
Ellyse,

Metro Line 3, Caoyang Lu Metro station.

By slow, do you mean one per hour or something like that? Also, we're not party animals, but were worried that the line closes at something like 10PM!
Jul 21, 2008 09:12
  • ELLYSE
No, I consider frequencies of around 15-20 mins slow.
Think you should be generally fine. Look at the last trains for line 3 here: http://www.shmetro.com/english/shikebiao/line3.htm
Jul 21, 2008 16:31
Ellyse,

Ooops! Sorry about the duplicate - I blame a browser refresh :-)

Also, thanks for the link - absolutely perfect!

Dave
Jul 21, 2008 19:59
  • ELLYSE
No problem, you're welcome. :)
Post a Reply to: Shanghai Metro
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code