Menu
Is it better to have separate bank account before married?
Jul 21, 2008 20:03
  • LLYNN
My bf and me are very intimate and we love each other very much. However the time i put forward the suggestion that we deposit and spend money independently, he feel frustrated. Because he think if we would do so, our relationship may be gradually distant.But for me, I want financial freedom before marriage. Am I right or wrong? Is there a better way to disolve the matter?
Jul 21, 2008 20:39
  • WCTMAN
Have seperate bank accounts. That way, if should you break up before marriage ( and you know it is true, it does happen ), the two of you don't have the ugly mess of dividing up the money. After marriage, sure, merge the accounts.
Jul 21, 2008 20:50
  • LLYNN
Thx!~~~
Though break-ups did happen while the possibility is lower and lower for us. However i still want to use my money freely before marriage. The question is how i can pursude him. I really don't want any unpleasant between us.
Jul 21, 2008 21:20
  • JIMMYB
LLYNN, why did he feel frustrated? Does he earn less than you? If I were him, I feel very happy to take your advice. It is his honour to have a independent girl.
Jul 22, 2008 01:03
  • LLYNN
Thx for your high words~JIMMYB
Jul 22, 2008 07:04
LLYNN.
I think you are right to keep your seperate accounts, better safe than sorry, stay in control.
Alan
Jul 31, 2008 01:22
GUESTLEAHMAS please have seperate bank accounts .....in that way if something goes wrong you will always have your money..
Jul 31, 2008 13:30
  • LIONPOWER
Here you considering money is mighter than your BF.
Aug 4, 2008 21:26
  • TIGERPAUL
Keep your seperate bank accounts. Everything has been okay until now hasn't it, so why does he suddenly have a problem with it? Does he see it as a sign that you dont trust him? Explain to him that if you didnt trust him you wouldnt be marrying him.
Post a Reply to: Is it better to have separate bank account before married?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code