Menu
Shanghai in Dec
Jul 22, 2008 01:31
  • ZAMAN
Hi everyone. I ve been to Shanghai last two years and I am planning to go again this December 08. Please advise me on the weather and street shopping. I also would like to know more of what i can see and do there. As a muslim I want to know of any Halal food there, and budget hotel there. Thanks.
Jul 22, 2008 03:53
  • ELLYSE
Look on http://www.wunderground.com/global/ stations/58367.html and http://weather.msn.com/local.aspx?wealocations=wc:CHXX0116 for historical weather data.
Street shopping for what?
There's a lot of general sightseeing information available online and in print already. If you want more specific recommendations, you need to tell us more about what you're interested in.
Jul 22, 2008 04:01
  • ZAMAN
i mean during the mnth of DEC does the shopping at Nanjing road as usual considering winter.
Jul 22, 2008 09:55
  • LIONPOWER
No Problem, expert of Shanghai " Ellyse" present here
Jul 22, 2008 10:21
  • ELLYSE
Nanjing Lu is a pedestrian street lined with malls, not street shopping!
Jul 25, 2008 20:36
  • BINBINT
One of the things you can see is archetecture.
Shanghai has a rich collection of buildings and structures of various architectural styles. The Bund, located by the bank of the Huangpu River, contains a rich collection of early 20th century architecture, ranging in style from neo-classical HSBC Building to the art deco Sassoon House. A number of areas in the former foreign concessions are also well preserved.

Despite rampant redevelopment, the old city still retains some buildings of a traditional style, including Yuyuan Garden, a traditional garden in the Jiangnan style.

In recent years, a large number of architectually distinctive, even eccentric, skyscrapers have sprung up throughout Shanghai. Notable examples of contemporary architecture include the Shanghai Museum and Shanghai Grand Theatre in the People's Square precinct.

The tallest tower in Asia, the distinctive Oriental Pearl Tower, is located in Shanghai. Its lower sphere is now available for living quarters, starting at very high prices. The Jin Mao tower located nearby is mainland China's tallest skyscraper, and ranks fifth in the world.

There is a shopping mall:
Amanda Plaza 芳汇广场
Address: 1118 Changshou Lu near Wanhangdu Lu 长寿路1118号 近万航渡路
Phone: 6240-6848
Jul 29, 2008 03:31
  • ZAMAN
OK THANKS FORYOUR HELP, APPRECATED IT.
Dec 4, 2008 20:07
  • ZAMAN
ok TQ
Post a Reply to: Shanghai in Dec
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code