foreigners having birth in china
Jul 22, 2008 07:08
guest12672 i am a foreigner and live in nanjing china. i recently found out that im pregnant and went to the doctor earlier today and had an ultra sound, mean while the doctor asked me if im considering on giving birth in china, i said yes.. they told me that its diffcult and that i have to do a few things before its okay. i have no idea what there talking about i dont know any chinesse and there english wasnt good. i have a visa for four years im planning on studying here so i dont know what the problem is? if anyone gave birth in china please tell me what you had to do, i have searched the internet for any answers and havent found anything. ill be grateful for answers thank you.
my email is|frosty_4273
Jul 23, 2008 01:38
  • Points:
  • Join Date: Jul 22, 2008
  • Status: Offline
are u married?
Jul 23, 2008 02:05
  • Points:
  • Join Date: Jul 22, 2008
  • Status: Offline
if you married with a chinese man ,that is easy,if not, you should go to police office and get some informations,best wishes to you.
Aug 4, 2008 03:43
GUEST16143 I know of several foreigners (not married to Chinese citizens) living in Nanjing who have had their babies in China. My wife and I hope one day to do the same. All, however, went to Shanghai for the final month and traveled there regularly before-hand for check-ups through a private obstetrician. However, I'm not sure if this is an option for you or not as it is expensive unless covered by insurance - most health insurance won't cover pregnancy costs in the first year either.
Nov 3, 2008 07:28
GUEST88242 Your first baby? Are you alright?
Calm down, having the baby or not, it;s never a problem.
Go to a Maternity Hospital (close to xinjiekou?), accompanied by someone taking full responsibility.
Nov 19, 2012 14:15
GUEST76255 I'm an expat pregnant woman in Shanghai. My boyfriend who is the father of my child is legally married to someone else in the U.K. So far they haven't managed to get divorce. So would he be able to give his name to our child? Is there a away we can register our child either in China or Hong Kong without him getting divorced first? Any tips or help, please?
Aug 17, 2017 04:25
GUEST36161 Hello, I'm a foreigner, holding a student visa and I'm pregnant. My boyfriend is also a foreigner and we live in nanchang. The problem is that we ain't married so I don't know how to have my child's birth certificate after birth, because I heard we need a married certificate before the child's birth certificate can be given to us. We are so confused please can someone answer us? Thanks
Jan 20, 2018 18:46
GUEST41236 hello, I am a foreigner and pregnant .My boyfriend is a foreigner with permanent visa.We live in Shanghai. The problem is my student visa expired (my visa agent failed to renew it). Anybody knows if the hospital will check the visa in the Passport to process the birth certificate of my child?Thanks
Feb 16, 2018 16:39
  • Points:
  • Join Date: Feb 14, 2018
  • Status: Offline
Having a baby in a foreign country can be difficult challenge in most countries, but it's a extremely difficult challenge in China. I should know, my wife and I had baby #3 here in China a few weeks ago.
Apr 12, 2018 01:54
GUEST17727 What did you go through?
Jun 24, 2018 05:59
GUEST46116 Does anyone know an affordable maternity hospital in Shanghai? My companies medical does not cover maternity. I would like to go somewhere where they speak English.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: foreigners having birth in china
(You can post as a member (login first) or a guest!)
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code