Menu
Will you eat dog meat?
Jul 25, 2008 04:11
  • LEOPOLD219
It is reported that Beijing has required hotels and restaurants in the city not to provide dog meat during the Olympics. "Olympic contractor hotels are asked not to provide any dishes made with dog meat and any canine material used in traditional medicated diets must be clearly labeled."

Well, I am not going to offend anyone here. I know that most foreigners strongly object to taking dog meat. However, it is said that eating dog meat is good for your health. Considering of this, will you eat dog meat?
Jul 25, 2008 09:46
  • LESBUB
Yes if served by friends/family, but probably not from choice, there are so many other meats available so why choose dog? Good for your health? I find that improbable, vegetable are good for health though!
Jul 25, 2008 11:05
GUEST51220 99% of Chinese don't eat dog meat…
Jul 25, 2008 14:40
  • CARLOS
Cow´s stomach, sheep´s lungs, snails, those purple two-inches long worms they call sea food....all taste good..... dog...? Why not? My wife says it tastes very good.
Well... perhaps not. Perhaps every bite would feel like eating my own dog.

Carlos
Jul 25, 2008 15:00
  • JCNILE123
My wife and I entered in to an agreement.

#1 Dog is out of the menu.
#2 She most make sure no dog is serve on our table, and she most prevent me from been on a table where dog is been serve.

She graciously agree, because I went long way, explaining to her the meaning of a dog in western culture.
Personally, I like to see my dog as a part of our family, perhaps a member.
Jul 25, 2008 20:26
GUEST21681 I love earting dog meet very much,especially what my dad made.My dad told me not cutting it with knife,you should use your hands to split it. Very delicious.
Jul 25, 2008 20:32
  • APAULT
I have never eaten dog meat because no-one I have bene with has suggested it, I hope someone will. What is so different about dog that we should shudder at eating it? Sure it's a carnivore so maybe there is a health risk (is there?)

Jul 25, 2008 21:29
  • JIMMYB
Good for your health? I find that improbable, vegetable are good for health though!

Lesbub, it is indeed good for your health, especially for your kidney. I guess that is why men prefer to eat dog meat. As for me, I wouldn't take dog meat. My family once raised a dog. He was very cute and obedient. He has lived about 13 years in my family. When it was gone, I was very sad.

Dog is humans' best friend. We shouldn't kill our friend.
Jul 25, 2008 21:30
  • GARYKINKADE
Well, it appears that we are all "geared" to accept or reject eating certain animal meat(s) due to our ethnic up-bringing.
Cattle (cows) is a primary staple here and yet in India it is considered taboo(still is, I guess).
We (U.S.) would gag on dog and horse meat.
Is there any country that likes horse meat?
So....I guess.....each to their own. Don't tell me what I'm eating and I'll never know.
Jul 26, 2008 12:18
GUEST27001 I've had dog meat twice in Shanghai. One time was at a Korean restaurant and the other was at a spicy Chinese restaurant. I tend to look at things logically and agree with APAULT and that we eat all kinds of other animals, why not dog? Of course it's a domesticated pet in the Western world, but honestly, I know people with pet rabbits and pigs too. The meat tastes much better than I had imagined. Not gamey, but more like beef than elk, deer, squirrel, or rabbit (all of which I've eaten). Try it, you'll like it!
Post a Reply to: Will you eat dog meat?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code