Menu
Forum announcement: members beware of hidden tricks
Jul 27, 2008 23:07
  • SIVA
  • Community Moderator
Dear all,

Over the past few days, we have noticed that some members complained about the ‘female travel companions’ threads posted in the board of ‘Travel Companions’ in our forum. It has been a hard nut for our community moderators.

Over the years, Travel China Guide Community has been aiming to offer best travel service to our fellow members and handle all your problems regarding your trip to China. Our initiative of openning the board of ‘Travel Companions’ is to provide a platform for our fellow members to find travel buddies on the way to China.

We didn’t specify that ‘members are not allowed to post ‘female companions wanted’ threads in the board of ‘Travel Companions’. If we did that way, it would be unreasonable and we would have been damned. To prohibit posting ‘female companions’ thread would be equal to deprive some virtuous female holiday-makers of the right to interact with the buddies of their fair sex. Additionally, it is not justifiable to forbid those members of integrity finding travel buddies of opposite sex. Undoubtedly, some dudes would take advantage of the opportunity to cheat some innocent girls. Indeed, it is sad to say that cheating is everywhere, but it is an undeniable truth. Herein, we community moderators hope both members and guests to be alert and have the right sense of judgement. Meanwhile, we don’t mean to paint all those who want to find travel companions of opposite sex with the same brush. We believe that a marority of our members have a moral standard.

We restate that those who with malicious intentions are not welcomed in our community. Anyone who wants to find a hooker is not welcome. We alert our fellow members to the hidden tricks.

Community Moderators
Jul 28, 2008 09:18
  • DAVEC
Thanks for putting a note on, its about time and very diplomatically worded.
Aug 3, 2008 11:24
  • LIONPOWER
Wanting female guide/interpreter not meant the clients seeking for hooker. Its the personal choice of clients. If any body wants hooker, he has many ways.

In my 16 years Chinese business, I did not utilize any boy interpreter/helper, its my personal choice for business security. And I personally prefer this job for the girls as here no physical strength involvements. So this is my personal request don't darken this job unnecessarily.
Aug 4, 2008 03:22
  • APAULT
That is still rong LP. and it is against Chinese Law to discriminate on employment on the grounds of gender, etc.
Aug 17, 2008 00:49
  • BENHUR
Thank you Siva for bringing this up. This was long awaited and I like your diplomatic words in it like Devac said.

Thanks others for their notes on this thread. I think those comments (on which this thread started) were immature and below the standard of the usual visitors of this site
Oct 5, 2008 10:27
GUESTFURALAR... How i may contact admin this site? I have a question.
iijiivei
Oct 5, 2008 20:09
  • CHRISTINE
  • Community Moderator
GUESTFUR,

You can send your question to me or Siva via email. The email address is gmail.com|tcgcommunity. Here is another way: first register as a member in TCG Community and then send me or Siva a Personal Message.

Community Moderators
Jul 10, 2009 16:44
GUESTLEONDER... Hi friends!

Just want to say hello! I'm Leon from the UK! I'm reading here for a few weeks! This is a great community! Just continue like that....

Leon
Aug 23, 2009 23:46
GUESTGUEST152 I agree with Lionpower, it's really a matter of choice on what type of person you want as your guide. We live in a society full of prejudice and stating a mere preference clearly does not constitute to discrimination.

Some people are clearly far fetched by saying stating a preference is against Chinese Law. We are in China for heavens sake, personal/corporate tax evasion considered a norm, guanxi money is not corruption etc. etc.

Of course there are certain individuals who go over board when describing their preference but everything boils down to choice and common sense (to ignore some posts). Also remember that it takes two to work.
Oct 6, 2009 02:24
  • NEWBBIE
Well said Siva.That's the way it should be. Asking for a female travelling companion or interpreter is a matter of personal choice. I do agree that there are some who went overbaord but generally I feel that most members here are well behaved.

"Of course there are certain individuals who go over board when describing their preference but everything boils down to choice and common sense (to ignore some posts). Also remember that it takes two to work. "

Totally agree with you.
Oct 14, 2009 21:14
  • QIDIQQ
Accoding to my experience, I have to admit that this kind of phenomenon surely exists esp in the business field and esp in the SOHO. In yiwu, many foreign people rented an office and just prefer to emply girls as their translators and assistants. I used to ask about the reasons, all I got is that what they considered most is the business security, girl's non-ambition and circumspection as well.
Page 1 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Forum announcement: members beware of hidden tricks
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code