Menu
Bayanbulak & Narat , How to go there?
Jul 30, 2008 10:54
  • CANIE
I heard from some website that now Bayanbulak grassland in Xinjiang is unavailable for foreigners or we have to get some permit first. Is it true?

But information in this webstie TCG 's sound like ease to enter there?
https://www.travelchinaguide.com/attraction/xinjiang/korla/bayandulak.htm

My plan 's start from Kuqa (Kuche) and would like to make a stop at Bayanbulak grassland for a night before go to Yining.

Does anyone know about the bus schedule or we have to hire a car?

Thank you.

Jul 30, 2008 21:46
  • FAERIEQUEENE
Need a permit to these areas. And you should check the road access to Bayanbulek at this time. Last summer, it was only possible to access from Ili (the town of Xinyuan could be a base) and away.

Nalati is more accessible, it’s more like a Geopark while Bayanbulek is in the wild. A certain section to Bayanbulek is “franchised” by a local fleet of 4WD drivers last June when the road was blocked. Around the “Swan Lake” area you could horsetrek

the ho(s)tel in Xinyuan could help you with getting the permit and renting vehicle. In fact in Xinjiang you’d better check with the hotel on the way whether permit is needed in your next stop (eg permits are required for Kanas, Hemu, Baihaba….)
Jul 31, 2008 01:29
  • ELLYSE
Kanas Lake doesn't require a permit, but I think Hemu and Baihaba might.
Jul 31, 2008 02:52
  • FAERIEQUEENE
beware if you go from Kanas to hemu or baihaba… as many would combine these destinations, not to be disappointed if you are lucky enough to be asked for a permit, there are road checks (and in some places there are road blocks "seriously" by police).

though there are now many tourists in Kanas (and when we entered the geopark we were not checked for a permit), really not sure if a permit is REALLY NOT required in Kanas…
Jul 31, 2008 04:00
GUEST50143 Thank you, Faeriequeene.
Last night, I review a lot informations and seems to found your doll in some website, (may be in TCG, hehe)

It's sound like the situation in Xinjiang is quite not suitable for independent tourists , isn't it?

Do I need to join a tour or not?

Who know about the bus schedule from Yining - Kuqa or Kashgar there and what time the bus will arrive Bayanbulak grassland?

And we also want to know are there the sleeper bus from Altay/Buerjin to Yining? For avoiding go back to restart the trip at Urumqi.

Thank you , Ellysee too. You are always so kind to me.
Jul 31, 2008 04:05
GUESTCANIE And I want to know how to get to Xinyuan. Where is its location, near Yining or Kuqa?

Jul 31, 2008 05:32
  • GORGE
Bayanbulak grassland need not permit for foreigner tourist.

It is impossible for your independent travel around Xinjiang by bus. Largest in area in all the province-level administrative regions of China, the Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region covers an area of 1.66 million sq km, one sixth of Chinese territory. The best one is your package trip organized by travel agency or rent a car by yourself.

THe followiing infomation is just reference to you.
Kuqa and Kashgar are located southern of Xinjiang and other scenic-spots are in northern of Xinjiang. You must take by the train or flights from Urumqi City to Kashgar.
Urumqi---- (about 1588 km) fly to Kashgar---- (about 705 km) by car to Kuqa---- (about 480 km) by car to Korla---- (about 580 km) by car to Turpan----(about 180 km) by car to Urumqi
Urmqi----(about 1000 km) by car to Narat Town----(about 120 km) by 4*4 cross vehicle to Bayanbulak Lake and (about 200 km) to Sayram Lake----(about 90 km) by car to Yining----(about 1000 km) by car to Kanas Lake----(about 900 km) by car to Urumqi

If you have any other questions or need any help, please see your private message of your profile. THANKS!
Jul 31, 2008 10:09
  • ELLYSE
Xinjiang is NOT unsuitable for independent travellers. I travelled independently in the province for 2 weeks last summer, went to a wide variety of places and didn't have any problems re permits and such.
Jul 31, 2008 10:49
  • FAERIEQUEENE
Xinyuan is located at 250km from Yining city (Yining city to Bayanbulek 345km, Bayanbulek – Nalati 80km)

You could travel independently to most tourist locations within Xinjiang. You need to rent a 4WD to Bayanbulek, just be aware of the road conditions and that they are often blocked for renovation, and it could cost you a lot of money if you travel solo or in couple. You could consider joining some Chinese tourists in group on the way to share transportation costs and they don't need permit to most locations

Here’s a piece of news about this year's road block => http://www.xinhuanet.com/chinanews/2008-05/25/content_13358851.htm
Aug 1, 2008 13:55
GUESTCANIE So, it's better to go to Yining first and then Xinyuan for Bayanbulak and Nalati grassland and Kuqa.

How about time consuming in each parts.

thx.
Post a Reply to: Bayanbulak & Narat , How to go there?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code